05 | SPECIAL

𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 hayden_2011

𝐘𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐝𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐄𝐧𝐨𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐧, 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦�...

𝐘𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐝𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐄𝐧𝐨𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐧, 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐥𝐥. 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐞'𝐬 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐲.

𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧♡︎

~𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲~

I was sitting with my grandmother as we cut off the horns, head and feet of the deer. My aunts being the ones skinning and plucking their eyeballs.

Gia and Shrike were helping the fae women at the cooking points.

"I heard that you once adopted a human girl" I say softly to my grandmother.

"I.. I did, yes" she nods and I could sense her discomfort. "It's alright if you don't want to talk about her, I understand" I reassure.

"No, it's alright. Would you like to hear the story?" She asks me and I nod.

"I was a little girl when my parents died. Humans attacked the moors and us a lot back then. With their Cold Iron weapons" she sneers at the memory.

"As a child, I met a human boy exploring. His name was Stefan. We grew to like one another. He was my first kiss. The kingdom of Scotland put war on my own, the moors. They lost and the King was greatly injured. He had no heirs and needed someone to take his place. Stefan wanted that power so he avenged the king"      

"Avenged him how?" I tilt my head to get a better look at her.

"While I was asleep, he took an iron chain and burnt off my wings. It felt excruciating by the time I had awoken. I had become a witch, I had a sceptre filled with all my magic, much like my amulet. I also had a friend, Diaval. He was actually a raven but I made him a man-"

"That's possible???" My mouth was agape. "From animal to man??"

She chuckles and nods. "I saved his life, in return, he became my servant. A dark shadow rained over the moors and there was a wooden cage blocking humans from entering. Then I found out that King Stefan and Queen Leah had a daughter, Aurora. So I came to christening, I do regret it but I did it anyway. I cursed her. For when she turn 16, she would prick her finger on a spinning wheel and fall into a deep sleep like death. He burnt all the spinning wheels in the land and put Aurora in the care of three fairies who no longer live. I had grown to like her. On her 16th birthday, the last day she would be with the fairies, she found out about her real home and set to the castle. Her mother had already died and Stefan was planning to kill me. He locked her away in a room but she managed a way out and pricked her finger on the spinning wheel. When I arrived at the castle, I was too late"