18 | WELCOME HOME

It's been a month after the fight.

I have been speaking to my mates about taking a short trip to the Amazon Jungle but once I told them why, they refused.

They said that it was dangerous but I need to do this.

Zafrina needs me.

So, I decided I was going to go alone. Sneak attack style.

I was dressed in full cameo and I was not backing down.

I was now currently walking around in the Amazon Forest.

While my mates went hunting last night with Bree, I wrote a note and left.

I heard a swoosh like sound and turned to see nothing.

They were here.

I masked myself and phased. I flew about to see a little hut like home. It was huge.

I peeked inside to see a bunch of vampires, one that looked awfully familiar, Zafrina.

They all stood in a circle with a brown skin girl with curly hair in the middle, she seemed to be the leader. I recognise her as Senna.

While they had their meeting, I one by one, lit all her members on fire.

"What is happening to all of you?!" She yells. "This is witchcraft!"

"Oh yeah?" I snort.

"W-who are you? Where are you!?" She shouts out of frustration.

"Right in front of you" I land behind her and unmask myself before kicking her down and lighting her on fire.

I turn to Zafrina.

"I'm innocent! Please don't hurt me!" She pleads.

"I'm not here to hurt you, I'm rescuing you" I scoff at her. "What?" She furrows her brows.

"It's me, Iris, your cousin" I tell her. "Shrike and Auntie Nyx miss their beloved Zafrina and I want to be able to have all my family by my side when I get married in August so please, let's go" I hold out my hand.

"Okay" she nods. "But first"

She then pulls me into a bone crushing hug, much like Shrike's.

"You're so much like your twin" I whisper and I feel tears rolling down my back.

"You can cry?" I furrow my brows at her.

"I do still have fae magic in me, don't I?" She wipes her tears as we break the hug.

I nod while taking out my phone.

I- Iris. B- Bree.

B- Hello, Cullen residence. Bree speaking.

I- Hey baby, do you mind telling your parents that I'm okay and I might just be home a little late?

B- Okay mom
B- But where will you be?

I- I'll be at the fae home with my cousin, Zafrina.

B- Okay, love you. Momma Esme is calling me, bye.

I- Bye

PEEP

I put my phone in my pocket before flying up to the fae den with Zafrina's hand in mine.

Time to bring Zafrina home.

☆☆☆

When we got there, Zafrina was welcomed home. Not only by our family but by our ancestors too.

She got her fae magic back and is not in any way a vampire anymore. We had a whole ceremony for her that included everyone and it was so beautiful and amazing.

But now, at this very moment, I was taking Zafrina to our great- grandmother's room.

I open the door to reveal GG (great-grandmother) sitting down and reading a book.

"She's gotten sicker" Zafrina swallows a lump in her throat.

"She told me she wanted to see you" I state.

"Zafrina? Is that you?" GG asks. "It's me, great grandmother, I'm back" Zafrina says in tears as she walks up to GG and pulls her into her a hug.

I join the hug as we all break into tears.

I then notice GG's skin glowing.

"What's going on?" Zafrina asks as she stops hugging her.

"No, please no" I realise what's happening.

"What is it?!" Zafrina asks out of frustration.

Her body then disappears and a carnation flops to the ground.

Zafrina breaks down sobbing and I couldn't help but do the same.

I shakily pick up the flower and mourn the death of my great grandmother.

☆END OF ECLIPSE☆