16 | LAUREN

Tomorrow was the day of the fight.

I took bits of my clothing and hung them up in trees while plucking my feathers and lying them around.

"You're going overboard" Edward snickers. "Well if I'm not going to fight then I'm going to have to contribute somehow" I smile at him.

☆☆☆

Embry drops me to the ground and I run up to Edward and pull him into a hug.

I turn to Embry, still holding Eddie, while waving bye.

I'm glad things aren't rough between us, you know, after what happened this morning.

{Flashback}

I was dropped off at the treeline by Edward and was currently walking into the woods with Embry.

I hadn't told anybody about my engagement, I was waiting till after the fight when we were all at peace.

He told me he had to tell me something.

"So what did you want to tell me?" I ask him.

"I kept it a secret at first cause I didn't know how you'd react..." he sighs.

"Iris.. I imprinted on you"

I stayed silent for a few seconds and looked to him in shock.

"What?"

"I imprinted on you"

"Well.. the imprint is not just love and you already know that you'll always be my best friend so.. we good?"

"Yeah, we're good" he nods with a smile. "Feels great to get that off me chest" he chuckles.

"Well great because there's something I need to say" I blurt.

"What is it?"

"I'm engaged"

"What?"

"I'm engaged to my mates. They asked me last night and I said yes" I sum it down.

"Okay" he nods.

"Great, so you'll be my protection when I tell the pack?" I ask him and he sighs while nodding.

I hold out my arm and he locks it with a grin.

We walk over to Sam's place.

I trot up to steps and Embry stands in front of me by a bit.

"Heyy guys" I chime as we catch their attention.

Bella and Jacob were there too, perfect.

"Guess what, I'm engaged to all of my mates so yeah. Great stuff, byeee" I say super fast before running out of the house.

"IRIS!" They all shout before running after me.

☆☆☆

Long story short,

Leah and Seth were excited for me.