12 | RILEY

It was early May and lots of things have changed. I'm 19 years old now. Quil and Seth have both shifted.

Quil shifted after my mates came back to Forks and Seth shifted a while after that when he saw Leah, non-intentionally, shift in front of him.

Jasper straightened his hair and he looks WAY hotter than what he already was. But I like the curls, it was cute.

Life is quite nice. The fae kingdom is great too, we just welcomed 15 more newborns into our tribe and the ancestors couldn't be more satisfied.

Victoria stuck around though and so did those red eyes, for a few days before leaving my sight.

~

Right now, at this very moment, I was with Gia in Seattle. We were performing a song at that same karaoke bar and met Riley there.

Turns out that Riley started school way early or skipped a grade or two and was two years younger than me.

We all talked and talked before he said bye to us and his college friends and left the bar.

After a few moments of watching the hard rain, I spoke up.

"Something isn't right" I state.

"What do you mean?" Gia asks but I sound her out as I get pulled into a vision.

My brows furrow as I see Riley running in the rain while a flash of red chases him, Victoria.

"We gotta go, Riley's in danger. Victoria's after him, come on!" I drag Gia.

We run out of the bar and into the empty streets.

"Riley!" I shout and I hear a scream in response. We sprint in the direction of the scream to find Riley on the ground at the harbour and screaming in pain.

She bit him.

We ran towards him and checked him for any other injuries.

"Oh Riley" I wince as he continues to scream.

We hear a woosh and turn to see Victoria glaring at us.

"Go" Gia whispers really REALLY softly.

I phase and pick up Riley's body before flying upwards.

Victoria tries to jump for my ankle but Gia pushes her back and I fly higher.

"Gia, come on!" I call out to her. She shoves Victoria after her and into a wall before phasing and swiftly flying away as we mask ourselves.

(Fae's can see each other when masked but notice the difference between their normal body and masked body)

"Guess we leaving Seattle early" Gia sighs. "Know anyone that would take him in?" She asks.

I think for a second before realising.

"Next stop will be Denali, Alaska" I smile at her and we fly off.

☆☆☆