02 | FAE

I turn to see a woman. The same hat from my graduation was covering her face.

"I've missed you honey" she removes her hat and smiles at me.

"Mom?" I shudder

"Mom?" I shudder. "Bu- b-b-b-ut you were d-dead. H-how is this possible?" I stammer.

"I had to leave, you had changed. Your mindset wasn't safe. Then your visions started, I knew it was only a matter of time before I had my daughter back" She walks towards me and cups my cheeks.

"It's... it's you. After all this time" Tears  begin to form. "Oh baby" she whispers and brings me into her arms as I begin to sob.

When I finished, I looked to her. "So you never died?" I ask. "No, faes have quicker healing" she replies. "Oh"

"Why didn't you come back? It could've been our little secret" I say.

"You would've had questions, lots of them that I wouldn't be allowed to answer" she replies.

"But I'm here now and I'll never leave your side again Iris, I promise" she whispers.

I bring her into a hug, a long one at that, feeling comfort in my mother's arms.

"But I have a human life. I have friends, my daughter, Roxie, Nova, Uncle Charlie and.. my mates" I state, breaking the hug.

"And you will see them all again, but you must train" Mom tells me.

"Train?" I ask. "You must get used to your fae body, truly become one of us and stand up to your role" Aunt Deena tells me.

"My role?" I ask.

"You are royalty, Iris" Mom states.

"Royalty? Me?" I question. "A princess" Gia nods with a smile. "So am I" she adds.

"Wow" I gasp.

"Have you been watching over me?" I ask her and she nods sheepishly. "Yeah, I so knew that" I nod.

"It's nice to meet you Diane from my graduation ceremony" I hold out my hand as she chuckles before taking my hand and pulling me into another hug.

"About your human life, Nova and Uncle Charlie think you're in Chicago with Gia and I" Aunt Deena says.

"And your friends will probably get that information from them also. As for your mates, we encountered them while trying to fly you up. They put up quite the fight" Gia says.

"And Faye... she's here. And she's safe. And she's going to be one of us too" Mom says.

Before I can reply she cuts me off.

"Faye's magic came first, her appearance after. For you it was the opposite"

"Magic?" I ask around.