04 | SKILL

We flew about the villages.

My grandfather then flies up to me.

"Maleficent has shown you the outer point of each and every village but not the entire area" he states.

"There is the desert fae homes but behind it, is an actual desert. Their natural habitat, if you will"

Now I did notice the dry sandy area behind it.

"I see it now" I realise. He chuckles before pointing to my right.

"You've seen the jungle fae pouch homes but if you look down you can actually see their jungle. Where they spend most of their time" he states.

I then look down and notice the little birds flying about and how their pouches were connected to long trees.

Flying forward, he then points to the tundra fae homes.

"If you look closely, you can see the snowy area. Almost like antartica back on Earth" he states. I nod in response.

"Now to our next destination, behind hometree is our own lovely forest that I'm sure you'll enjoy. It's where I spent most of my days as a child" He smiles at me.

Flying past hometree, I realised that our family were the only forest fae.

"How come we're the only forest fae?" I ask him. "We're the only royalty" he replies. "Ohh" I nod understandingly.

We land on our feet, before the forest that had long trees and gorgeous plants.

They begin walking, adults first as Gia and Shrike come to my side.

"I'm guessing your father is a jungle fae?" I turn to Shrike and she nods.

"I live with my mother and you guys though, since my father is no longer alive" she states.

I look to her before bringing her into a hug.

"I never really had a father, so I can understand how you must feel" I whisper. "Me too" Gia joins in.

Gia's father had died years ago, I just never knew the cause.

We broke from the hug and continued walking after the adults.

"You know, since you're meeting family today then you must know that.." Shrike trails off.

"I must know what?" I ask.

"I have a twin sister. But she-"

"Did she die?" I gasp.

"No, she's very much alive. I think"

"You think?"

"There was a time when Zafrina went to the human world to go visit their jungles. The Amazon to be exact. I wanted to come with her but was caught up here at home. She went and never came back. The aunts, mom and I flew down to look for her in the amazons and found her. She was a vampire and lost all sense of fae in her. She told us she couldn't come back. Senna forced her into that life. We tried to rescue her, and she wanted to be rescued but Senna used her vampire army against us and gave me this scar" she says this all with a straight face.

(A/N: Came up with this idea when I saw that Judith Shekoni played both Shrike and Zafrina, in Breaking Dawn part 2)

I turn to the scar across her eye and wince.

"They did that?" I frown as she nods in response.

"But why did they need Zafrina?" I ask.

"Senna was lonely" Shrike sneers. I noticed the anger that fills her when she says Senna's name.