Five

"Shoot I'll be late."

Well quick update, Hafsa and I had volunteered to help Naina at her office since we had recess for a month. We didn't get to sit in an office like everyone else. We had a table that we both shared which was set directly opposite 'Miss Hanaina's' office. She usually left her door open so she could keep an eye on us.

We usually got to the office right before Hanaina which was the instruction she had given us during our orientation. Hafsa bailed out since she had decided to take an online course on digital marketing. This is the first day without her and I'm already running late. Just great.

I arrive at the office and everyone is already working, I head to our work area. Thankfully her door is closed, I think to myself going to sit down.

"Nollani! Come in here please." How the heck did she know. Did I tell you how scary Hanaina is in the office. I could just evaporate. I walk in and close the door behind me.

"Why are we late?" she asks not looking up. I stay silent thinking of an excuse. She pushes her chair backwards and turns facing to her right crossing her legs so elegantly. "Come here please." She says very calm. I walk around her desk and stand in front of her.

She stares above her glasses, right into my soul. "Usually when I ask questions I expect an answer. Am I supposed to get it out of you myself or are you going to speak?" She asks calmly. What does she mean get it out of me herself? Crazy woman.

"I was... um ... stuck in traffic?" I say unsure of what to say. I'm such an idiot is that the best I could do. Ugh!

"No." She shakes her head slightly, "try again." She says looking angry. This lady is such a mommy. I wonder if she knows what a-. "NOLLANI!" She yells uncrossing her legs.

"IwaslatebecauseIsleptlateandcouldn'twakeupthismorning!" I quickly say all in one breath. She looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Why did you sleep late?" She asks very calm which scares me.

"I was watching Netflix." I say looking away. Stupid Tinkerbell series.

"What time did you sleep?" Why does she even care.

"Pretty late-"

"What time did you sleep?" I gulp hearing her repeat her question.

"I don't remember but the last time I remember seeing was 3 am and some minutes." I say shrugging my shoulders. She says something under her breath, I couldn't really hear it so I'm not bothered.

"We are gonna work on that, I want you to take your chair and place it right next to me. From now on you're going to be working in my office." Oh fuck me! Right next to her? I stand frozen in front of her. "Now young lady!" She says in an scary mommy voice. So mean I pout mentally.

I quickly get the chair and place it next to her. I nervously sit next to her. I turn my head in her direction and I'm met with her boobies. They're big. She clears her throat making me realise I was staring at... them. I feel my cheeks tingling.

"I just need you to do some excel work. I'll give you one of my laptops. You'll be using it until you finish." She shows me what to do. It's pretty easy, but it's difficult to concentrate sitting next to her. "Are you going to manage. I nod. "Use your words dear. I can't hear nodding now can I?"

"No, I'm sorry Miss Hanaina." I say feeling slightly small.

"You're alright pumpkin." She says making me blush, I whine mentally. Why is she calling me these sweet names.

"Oh you're such a big girl aren't you? don't need to be called sweet names!" She says teasingly. I freeze realising I spoke out loud. Her teasing just makes me feel even little. She has a smirk seeing my frustration. It's not funny I'm really trying to work, why is she distracting me with her teasing.

I start working with the little focus I have left. It's a little nerve wrecking working next to her. I shake my head a bit trying to stay big but it's just too hard while she's next to me. I play with my pen a few times before I realise I'm distracted and go back to work.

This is hard to do this without Hafsa. I try my hardest to work but it's just making my brain tired. Miss Hanaina gets up grabbing a few documents from her cupboard and sits on her chair again. I look at her fantasising about sitting on her lap which isn't helping my situation.

"Why aren't you working she says with her eyes glued to her laptop. I quickly look at the laptop in front of me seeing the little work I've done. I look up at her and see her looking at the very same thing. I've already gotten in trouble today.

She looks back at me sternly with her eyebrow raised. I shrink under her gaze my head feeling very fuzzy. I can't be small right now! I shake my head trying to focus but I'm too far gone.

"What's wrong?" She asks acting like she didn't just make me slip. Her full attention is now on me.

"I no no" I say shrugging. I feel tears burning my eyes once I realise what I just said. Well now she probably thinks I'm more weird I couldn't even hold back my tears anymore.

"Hey, you're okay sweet girl." She says pulling me into her for a hug. I'm taken by surprise but hide my face into her chest letting her rub my back. Her steady heartbeat ever so soothing. I wish I could get this everyday. "You're fine bubba, you're fine."