Ten

I've finally moved in with Hanaina, it's my first full day with her. She's been to the office these past few days while my items were delivered to her house bit by bit. She was supposed to go to the office today but she decided to stay just to show me around the house and help me settle in.

I've told Hafsa and Aunty Jasmines that I finally took Hanaina's offer to live with her instead of alone. Hafsa made fun of me initially saying I chose to live with the strictest person alive than to live with her 'chilled' mom. She said we could've practically been siblings. Typical for Hafsa to say.

Hanaina is sweet to me, sure she can be scary sometimes but she's been nice to me. I haven't fully embraced this whole relationship, but then again with the whole moving in thing I hadn't gotten the chance to.

I can't get myself to call her mommy though. It's too foreign on my tongue. Maybe because I never got to spend time with my mom since my paternal grandmother raised me. I would visit my mother every school break and it was the best thing ever. My mother's side was way more fun. My mother passed away a few months before I turned 18 and it was never the same for me. I still remember how she made me feel so loved, I just miss her everyday.

"Nollani?"

"Yes?" I answer shaken out of my thoughts.

"Here baby let me show you around." she says appearing out of nowhere. We go upstairs and our first destination is a room at the end of the corridor. My room. The walls were painted in pastel colours. There was a big bed with white wooden rails on all four sides. Above the bed was a pastel pink coloured princess canopy.

The room had a big window with a window seat. On each side of the window were shelves that were decorated with books, vases and lots of stuffies. There was a big fluffy white mat with a basket of toys and a rocking chair placed on it. We were about to leave the room when I spotted a dresser that had a soft mat looking thing on it. I wonder what that's for.

I really liked the room. If it's pastel coloured, then it's a yes from me. I wanted to jump up and squealing with excitement but that was just embarrassing to do in front of Hanaina.

We move on to the other rooms including bathroom and Hanaina's office down the corridor. Hanaina's room is right next to my room at the very end of the corridor. That means I don't have to try too hard to look for her in this gigantic house.

After showing me her office, which I saw the first time I came here, she shows me the room opposite her office. My eyes go wide, it's heaven on earth. It's a play room, she said it's all for me. I wanna play now! My feet hurt already from just one corridor she should just let me stay here.

"Let me just show you the rest of the house." She says walking out the door but turns around when she notices I'm not following her. "Are you okay baby?" She asks.

"I'm tired now." I say determined to play here instead of walking around.

"Would you like me to hold you?" She asks holding out her hands.

"No me stay here, and rest. I tired. You see house alone." She looks at me before she chuckles.

"You wanna play here while I give myself a tour of my own house?" She asks with a smirk. "Nollani, you can come back here in a bit pumpkin then you can play all you want." I look away not wanting to admit that I actually wanna play and not rest.

"No mommy me not play, me jus resting ." She gasps. What? Did I hurt her feelings? "I play with you mommy?" I say trying to make her feel better. This time she smiles at me nodding her head. I knew mommy wanted to play here too. It looks so fun. She rubs each of her eyes, I wonder if something got in her eyes.

"Mommy eyes hurt?" She smiles sitting down on the floor taking me down into her lap. She gives me a tight cuddle and a kiss on the forehead. I take in her scent rubbing my face on her chest before going to grab a few toys to play with.

I don't know where to start there's just so much to do. I eventually settle on the big doll house giving mommy one of the dolls so she doesn't feel left out. I'm having the bestest fun when mommy interrupts me by pulling me onto her hip.

"No mommy me play." I say throwing myself backwards and squirming in her arms.

"Nollani! Behave." She gives me a scary mommy look making me hide my face in her neck.

"You can always play sweet girl but we need to get you and mommy something to eat. I promise to let you play after". I nod letting mommy carry me to the kitchen. I'm definitely going back there to play with more of the toys she can't stop me.