Twenty one

"Lani, where are mommy's glasses?" Mommy asks looking in her office drawers. She sits down having given up searching and looks at me. I wonder if she can see me. "Nollani?"

"What glasses? I don't know what you're talking about." I say pretending to straighten out my dress so I don't have to look up at her. Mommy and I had a really fun day today. She allowed me to skip another day of school because I hadn't completed recovery from my flu. The best part was that I could cling to her all I want just because I'm sick. I think mommy also just wanted another day off today, the poor old woman.

Mommy ruined the fun when she told me she has a stupid work event tonight which she has to attend and she's planning on taking me to Aunty Ela and Lana's. I hardly even know them. Mommy thinks it's going to be very fun because I have their little - Rylie - to play with. My best decision was to hide her glasses because I know she doesn't drive without her glasses. I mean why is she even wearing glasses to a fancy event?

"You better not lie to me! Get my glasses before I count to three." I look at mommy seeing a her giving me the mommy look. I wanna lie and say I don't know where they are but I don't want to get in more trouble. I also don't want to admit I hid her glasses because I'm going to get in trouble as well. "One, you better start moving your little butt." I hold my hands behind my back swinging from side to side nervously. "Two! Young lady you better not test me." Mommy says now very upset. I turn around quickly going to get the glasses where I hid them.

I get to mommy's room opening her underwear drawer, taking her glasses and heading back to her office. Her glasses were right under her nose she could've found them herself. Mommy stretches out her hand, waiting for me to place the glasses in hand. I walk closer to her handing her the glasses. She swats my bum making me squeal. I cover my bottom looking at her with a pout, just to be dramatic. "No hiding mommy's glasses, that's getting added to your rules." Mommy says wiping her glasses and putting them on carefully so she doesn't mess her up makeup. I should've locked her car keys inside her car instead, just kidding!

I mean she looks really beautiful in emerald green dress it goes really well with her complexion and dark hair. Not going to the event would be a waste BUT I don't like the fact that she's abandoning me. "Mommy don't go! Pleeease." I sit on her lap and put my head on her chest.

"Bubs, mommy has to be there." She says kissing my forehead. "How about mommy gives you one of her shirts so it feels like mommy's around?" I nod after thinking about it.

"How about I go to Aunty Jas' house instead?" I ask deciding that spending time there would be better than with Ela and her crew. Mommy furrows her eyebrows before answering me.

"So now you don't mind regressing in front of Hafsa?" I throw my head backwards because mommy's making this conversation difficult for me. Apparently, Aunty Jas has known about my age regression for quite some time now. She knew this because mommy's a caregiver and saw signs in me that almost resembled mommy's previous little. Apparently that's also the reason why when Hafsa and I decided to drink, Aunty Jasmine called mommy to sell me out to my "mommy".

"I won't be little mommy!"

"No, you're going to Lana's plus Jasmine lives a bit far, half an hour away is pretty far. It didn't end well the last time you went there." Mommy winks at me with a playful grin. I feel my cheeks tingling from the memory. She always brings up the incident and teases me about it.

"No teasing mommy!" I say hiding my face. "Fine! I'll go to Aunty Ela's" I say.

Mommy swiftly stands up still holding me. She grabs a bag with items she thinks I might need including her shirt and then she takes her purse. The drive there is the worst, it just felt very quick. Mommy tried to tell me how excited Rylie is to finally meet me, but I don't want to even listen.

"Ready?" Mommy asks opening my door handing me her 'comfort shirt'. I huff pouting at her, what kind of question is that. I'm never talking to her for the rest of my life. She places her hand on my cheek and rubs it with her thumb, I lean into her touch not wanting her to stop. She picks me up, grabbing my bag and walks up to the front door. Mommy doesn't even ring the door bell because a girl runs out to hug my mommy screaming "Aunty Naina!"

Aunty Ela and Lana stand by the door watching us. Aunty Lana eventually walks up to mommy cooing at me. I turn away from her lying my head on mommy's shoulder. "Uh-uh-uh cupcake, you can't hide from me." and I cling to mommy like I've never before.

"Mama she not want you?" I hear the girl AKA Rylie saying to Aunty Lana.

"No baby." I feel tears sting my eyes, mommy rubs my back gently shushing me when she hears me start sniffling.

"Hey sweetie, there's no need to cry. We're going to have so much fun, unlike your boring mommy."Aunty Ela comes over and says. Aunty Lana slaps her arm telling her to read the room.

"Mommy's gonna be back very soon pumpkin I promise" Mommy says kissing me and whispering sweet words in my ear. I'm abruptly taken out of her arms. I wail kicking around trying to reach out to mommy but she walks away not even looking back at me. I scream bloody murder when I'm taken inside. I eventually notice Aunty Lana's the one holding me. She sits down with me in her lap slowly rocking me. I try to pull back but she holds me tightly against her chest, rubbing my back.

It takes me a while to calm down but when I do I notice Rylie sitting next to us. I also notice she's been the one gently rubbing my back. She smiles at me and I smile back even though my heart is pretty broken. She looks really kind and her hair looks really cool. It's short like her mommy's but she has blue dyed ends.

"All better?" Aunty Lana asks looking at me. I shake my head. "Why not cupcake?" I shrug not wanting to speak, where did mommy put my binky anyway.

"Binky p'ease." I say to Aunty Lana who looks at her wife a bit confused.

"She want her paci mama duhh!" Rylie says pulling a funny face to her mama making me giggle. I like her a lot already.

"Hey that's no way to speak to your mama you little squid!" Aunty Ela says and receives an eye roll From Rylie. Aunty Ela goes to tickle Rylie and I look at them amused not noticing that Aunty Lana had stood up with me on her hip. She clips my binky on the top of my dress, the clip wasn't there before, but I brush it off taking my paci and suckling on it. After a while of sitting on Aunty Lana's lap I feel a tap on my leg.

"Nola? Wanna play wiff my toys? They're really fun." I nod taking her word for it wiggling down. I focus on the nickname she used, my mother used to call me that so it's very special. She grabs my hand taking me but more like dragging me to her playroom. Silly girl.