Epilogue

It's time.

Froststar looked over at her Clan for the final time, watching the apprentices look after the elders and the warriors entertain the kits. They'd never had to live with separation and border disputes, because they were one united Clan.

And it was time for her to leave them.

She had lived many seasons beyond what she should've lived, and as she coughed her last life away, she knew she could leave her Clan in the paws of Shadowwhisper.

Shadowwhisper was actually her kin, the son of Talonflame, named in honor of Shadowflight. She'd given him his warrior name Shadowwhisper because he was quiet but observed what was around him. He would be a strong leader.

He wouldn't be undefeatable like her - the only reason she'd lost her lives were to a fall and sickness - but he would still continue leading SeasonClan on into a time of greatness.

She'd never forget Shadewarren's promise to kill each of her kin, and her pelt prickled uneasily at the thought. But her immediate kin had passed seasons before. Pebblespots had lost her life to greencough, and before her Cloudbeam had fought a fox and died.

It was time to reunite with them, finally. She let out on last raspy breath before her body finally grew still.

She blinked her eyes open and there he was. She'd lived nine lifetimes without him and had never spent a day without thinking about him.

"Skyfeather!" she purred.

"Someone else is here," Skyfeather purred, "someone who is rather annoyed that she didn't get to give you a life."

"Stormwind?" Froststar asked, looking round.

Her sworn sister purred and threw herself at Froststar, and they fell over together, laughing. Froststar was young again.

"They told me it was necessary for Moonwisp and Wispflame to give you lives, and Dawnfire," Stormwind meowed crossly. "And Summerstar. Stonestar went to the Dark Forest, and Sunstar didn't even come - but Earthstar said no! I almost strangled him!"

"She's telling the truth," Skyfeather informed Froststar wryly, but Froststar only purred.

She'd fulfilled her destiny and led SeasonClan faithfully for many seasons. Now, she could finally trail the stars with her beloved mate, sister and family.

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟑𝟓𝟏

𝐀𝐀𝐀𝐀𝐇𝐇𝐇𝐇𝐇𝐇𝐇, 𝐎𝐇 𝐌𝐘 𝐆𝐎𝐒𝐇. 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄. 𝐈 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫, 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲. *𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫'𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞* 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐈 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄! 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐒𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐬𝟏𝟖𝟑 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐝. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞!! 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟! 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐩 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐰.