𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘'𝐒 experiences with finding his skills to achieve 'glory' did not go well.

Well, at least that's what Birdie heard.

From Percy.

Birdie slightly enjoyed hearing about the things that had happened while he failed. Like how he fell to the ground while trying to shoot an arrow.

Clarisse and two other kids passed Annabeth and Birdie-Mae, soaking wet and escaping the little blonde boy who they had just tried to humiliate. Water sloshed as Percy stepped out of the broken stall and looked around the damaged bathroom.

He stopped and looked at the two sisters. Annabeth had her arms crossed and was leaning against the frame of the door while Birdie was standing next to her, a bit behind, with her hands together in front of her.

"I can explain" Percy hesitated, clearly struggling to come up with an excuse. Annabeth shook her head "no, you can't" she said, Birdie agreed with her younger sister and nodded once her sentence ended. "Okay," Percy said, then he looked at Annabeth properly "wait, I know you" "no, you don't" "yeah, but you were there. That night in the infirmary" Percy argued.

Annabeth then gave up, Birdie just stood watching them.

"Yes. I'm Annabeth."

"And I'm Birdie, but you know that" Birdie said quietly before going back to being silent.

"Are you stalking me, Annabeth?" Percy accused, he didn't acknowledge Birdie's presence which bothered her slightly but she remained quiet.

"Yes" Annabeth answered, her older sister smiled at Percy after the word floated into the air. He didn't know what Annabeth was like and he needed to get used to it.

"Okay," Percy nodded "why?"

"Well, I've been waiting to see if something like this would happen," Annabeth answered "so I'd know if you can help me."

"Help you do what?"

"Win Capture the Flag" Annabeth said, is if it was an obvious answer. She then turned around and walked off, leaving Birdie and Percy in the water-ridden bathroom.

Birdie watched her leave and then turned back to the boy with wet shoes "I'm not stalking you" she assured him, putting both her hands to her chest, signalling that it was in fact her and not a different person that she would refer to as "I'm."

Percy nodded and an awkward silence surrounded them.

"So, um.. bye" Birdie turned and quickly walked away, hoping Annabeth wasn't too far ahead of her.

She didn't like walking alone when it was night, even though she was in a protected camp, she felt unsafe by herself.