𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 told Annabeth and Percy that they needed to get him his shield. Of course, they took Birdie. They had to leave Grover behind yet they were still allowed to take Birdie.

They had gone through the gate of the creepy amusement park, walked around the park until a sign lit up.

THRILL RIDE O' LOVE

"Don't you even try to tell me not to be weird about this" Annabeth said as they all stared at the ride that somehow started up "I didn't say anything" Percy replied "I can feel you thinking it."

Birdie walked forward, taking a large step over the small river of water and continuing on.

The lights of the sign flashed off and back on. Birdie helped Annabeth climb into the small boat, Percy getting in after her. Birdie was sure the boat would break if she joined them but Annabeth gave her a look that said if she didn't, she would be angry.

Percy and Annabeth sat in the front of the boat, Birdie sat in the back. They began moving through the dark tunnel. There was a distant thud. Some of the lights died down. Music played.

what is love?

baby, don't hurt me

don't hurt me no more

"What is happening right now?" Annabeth asked "I feel like I've heard this before," Percy said "I think, from an orthodontist's office maybe?"

what is love?

A large streak of coloured light appeared on the ceiling of the tunnel, passing down to the wall. It created a pattern. Figures showed. It told a story.

"Wait, I know this," Percy said, watching the figures cast upon the wall "it's Hephaestus's story" "I like this song" Birdie said, nodding her head to the music while looking at the light. 

"Rejected by Hera. Rejected by Aphrodite. My mom told me these stories all the time. I remember this. She said.." he stopped. Annabeth looked at him while Birdie's eyes remained set on the story "what?" "she said this is what the gods are like to each other. This is the kind of family they are" "why didn't you wanna say that just now?"

"She was trying to keep me away from you guys."

don't hurt me

"Maybe you were right. Maybe she should've been preparing me better" "maybe she was preparing you. So when you got to us, you'd be different than this."

baby, don't hurt me

don't hurt me no more

what is love?

The light disappeared. All of the lights shut off. The boat grew fast and sped the three down throughout the tunnel.

Then it slowed. They passed a gold throne and statue, the statue holding a shield.

"There it is. Ares' shield."

They looked forward and saw the boat ahead crash down.

"Jump!"

Annabeth grabbed Birdie's hand and pulled her into the water.

Birdie held onto Annabeth, making sure she couldn't get away from her. Percy reached out his hand "Percy!" Annabeth yelled, the water pulled them away from each other.

Percy shot out his hand again, a strong force reaching them.

Birdie opened her eyes, coughing and gasping. "Did you just pull us out of there with that waterpower stuff?" Annabeth asked "no" Percy answered "did you just--" "I don't know. Maybe? I'm figuring this out as I go."