Aftermath and teatime

Evie's pov

     I woke up the next morning still feeling sleepy I made my way into the bathroom and begun to brush my teeth when I remembered everything that happened yesterday I dropped my toothbrush in the sink "what the hell, what were you thinking he is your boss get it together" I said to my reflection in the mirror. I still have to visit Mrs Romano, maybe I can call saying I'm not feeling too well.

    "Hello Mrs Romano I'm really sorry but I won't be able to make it today I came down with something." I said into the phone. "Evie I wonder why you kids love playing tricks on older people" at this point I was confused about what was she talking about "Felix told me that you might call pretending to be sick to see my reaction, just get ready and come over quickly I miss you a lot and stop these little tricks of yours." She hang up before I could get a word out.

     I can't believe he did that he knew I would be embarrassed and cancel so he told her all that "ahhhhh" I said throwing myself on my bed and screaming into the sheets. I decide it's best if I just go because I also really miss Mrs Romano but I also don't want to see his face "what am I going to do" I say ruffing up my shoulder length curly hair.

I take a shower lotion up and wear a summer dress that hugs my upper body and flows from the waist down all the way below my knees and open slippers with an anklet on my leg. I get in my car and drive to fia's house thirty minutes later I arrive, I stand at the door contemplating whether or not to go in or not when the door suddenly burst open and Sofia's standing there with a huge smile I go to return the gesture when I see Felix with a smirk on his face behind her. Oh boy this is going to be a long day.

Sofia moves out of the way so I can enter, as I pass by him his rainy forest scent invades my senses and causes a chill to go down my back I quickly walk passed him to the kitchen where I find Mrs Romano preparing mine and Sofia's favorite desserts, she spots me and comes towards me giving me a hug I snuggle into her embrace she smells just like... home just like mum I have to stop a long tear from slipping out. I really miss my mum I wish I could see her it's been two years since I last spoke to or saw her.

We pull back as she caresses my cheek "you get pretty everyday," she says going back to the stove that has strawberry sauce for the cream puffs in the oven, just the smell of them in the oven makes my mouth water. I ask if I can help her with anything but she declines saying she is almost done so I make my way upstairs to Sofia's room making sure I'm aware of my surroundings I don't want to end up bumping into him I make it to her room and release a breath before knocking on the door and hearing a come in and entering.

Sofias room

  I don't waste anytime flopping on the bed next to her she seems to be texting someone with a huge smile on her face "who are you texting" I say to her as I raise my brows teasingly

I don't waste anytime flopping on the bed next to her she seems to be texting someone with a huge smile on her face "who are you texting" I say to her as I raise my brows teasingly. "No one" she's quick to dismiss me and put her phone under her pillow. "Oh really" I say before pouncing on her and ticking her. "Ok-ay stop I- I'll tell you" she says as she catches her breath and I stop tickling her. "His name is drew and he is my brother's best friend." I look at her blinking "I don't know what my brother will do when he finds out."