Drawing the line

Evie's pov

       It felt so soft, I was awake but my eyes where still closed I wonder why my bed felt softer than usual. I stirred a little bit but the arm on my waist stopped me from getting far I turned around and when I opened my eyes I let out a gasp why him. Wh- oh my god could I not control myself he is my boss and my best friend's brother.

       I slowly remove his hand that is caging me and slip out of the sheets making sure I didn't wake him up, before I could leave the room I felt the edge to pee so I change direction and go towards the bathroom Peeing and humming to myself as I wash my hands, after I head out of the bathroom I come crushing head first into a hard chest making me lose my balance but before I could fall on my ass hands wrapped around my waist steadying me.

"Judging by the hurry you were in, I'm guessing you were leaving." I choose to stay quiet and avoided his eyes, his grip on my waist tightened and he was burning holes on my face. "I-I was just going to Sofia's room" I rushed out. He hoisted me up and pushed me against the door and started attacking my neck "is that true or where you just trying to run" I tried my best not to moan out "ahhh no I wasn't going to run" I lie through my teeth.

He puts me down and I look towards the mirror near the bed to see my neck covered in red darkish purple bruises I turn back to him with a scowl on my face "how am I going to go out like this." I said gesturing to my neck, he just kissed my cheek and went into the bathroom. I huffed as I made my way down stairs after getting a scarf from  his closet.

        "Good morning sunshine did you sleep well" Sofia said with a smirk on her face "don't even start." I said rolling my eyes at her "what I know something happened but I don't want any details, I know I normally ask for details but these detail involve my brother so no I don't want to know." I chuckled sitting next to her on the couch before eventually getting up and going to brush my teeth.

         I walked into the kitchen with Sofia as the smell of waffles,syrup and bacon invaded our senses "Mmmm" we moaned out at the smell of the delicious food. Mrs Romano stood at the waffle maker removing the last bunch of it "Good morning girls how did you sleep" she said to us but her eyes where focused on me. "Fine" I said after a short pause.

        We sat down as we dished ourselves while she left the room to go freshen up, "so are you still going to the fundraiser" at Sofia's words my body stiffened and my back became straight, I was not going back there again, she felt the change in my demeanor and chose to drop the topic which I was glad for. Sofia was always good at reading people and making them comfortable around her she had this look in her eyes that could calm even a baby.

      "Good morning" his voice came booming out into the comfortable silence me and Sofia were in as we ate, I choked on the waffle in my mouth before grabbing the glass of water from Sofia and gulping it down. He took a sit next to me as I continued to eat like I wasn't affected by his presence, his leg brushed against mine causing me to jump up a little before deciding to eat quickly and leave after thanking Mrs Romano for her hospitality.

       I made my way to the door with Sofia after thanking Mrs Romano towards her car as she was taking me home "I'll take her home" he said coming down the stairs with his keys in hand "no it's okay she was already taking me" I said narrowing my eyes at him."Sofia I'll take her you can go" I looked next to me and she was no longer there instead she was scurrying away in the other direction, way to throw your girl under the bus. He came towards me and right away his rainy forest scent engulfed me in its bliss.

       I looked up at him as he stared down at me he leaned down his lips hovering against mine "let's go" he whispered against my lips and turned on his heels heading straight outside I let out a huff turning and following after him, when I reached him he had a smirk on his face as he held the door open for me. Oh how I wish I could wipe that smile off his face i shook my head and got in.

The drive to my house was quiet and peaceful. I was so lost in thought that I didn't realize we had already reached. He walked around the car and opened the door for me I thanked him as I slid out of my sit, he walked me all the way to my and of course I just had to invite him in as good host plus I needed to talk to him and end whatever this is that's going on between us.

          I opened the door and held it open for him as he walked in, I could see his curious eyes scan my house as he took a sit on my couch "would you like anything to drink" I asked as I stood up "just a glass of water" he said I turned on my heels and went into the kitchen and removed a cup out of the cabinet then feeling it with some water and giving it to him.

"What happened yesterday shouldn't have happened, you're my boss and I would like to keep it that way."I said in one breath, he stared at me blankly before setting the cup down getting up and walking out the door. I stared at the door for few seconds "he's really gone wait w-hat this is what you wanted to keep things professional" I said to myself as I made my way upstairs to my rooms balcony where I spent the rest of my time reading trying not to think about him.

 I stared at the door for few seconds "he's really gone wait w-hat this is what you wanted to keep things professional" I said to myself  as I made my way upstairs to my rooms balcony where I spent the rest of my time reading trying not to think a...

This is good things will remain professional and I'll bury the feelings I took a deep breath I have to focus on my goals and I can't afford distractions.

It's a short chapter I'm still organizing my idea's but I hope you're enjoying the storyline so far.     

I always have to do this⬇️⬇️

Don't forget to comment and vote