Ch 8: Choice to stay

RAPHTALIA POV

After Master Naofumi was forced to participate in a duel for my "freedom", the woman who was with the spear hero, used magic on Master Naofumi.

I cried for his safety but the cloth covering my mouth prevented me from doing so.

I was then brought to the arena where they forcefully removed my slave crest.

Myne: there you're free now. Be grateful for Sir Motoyasu's kindness

I looked at Sir Naofumi who had a look of despair in his eyes as the woman untied my restraints.

Motoyasu: now that you're free do you want to join my--

I slapped the spear hero in the face, angry at him for removing my slave crest and severing my connection with Sir Naofumi.

Raphtalia: youre all cheaters!

Myne: How dare you! Sir Motoyasu set you free

Raphtalia: I never asked anyone to free me! I was with him by choice!

Motoyasu: W-wait a second, I thought he was abusing you and that he was treating you badly?

Raphtalia: then you obviously know nothing about Master Naofumi. He never abused me and never made me do things I couldn't do. The only time he activated a curse was if I was too scared to fight, he did it to make me stronger!

The spear hero stood up, holding his spear tightly.

Motoyasu: that's the problem, nobody should ever be forced into a fight 

Raphtalia: Master Naofumi can't use any other weapons! The shield defends, so someone has to fight for him!

Motoyasu: but you don't have to be that person, don't you know he'll put you in danger every time

Raphtalia: Master Naofumi defends me, we work together as a team and he always lets me rest when I'm tired!

Motoyasu: no way, he isn't that kind of guy!

Raphtalia: are you capable of extending your hand to a sick and dying slave?! Master Naofumi saved my life, he cured my sickness and fed me every day! Are you capable of such kindness?!

The spear hero hesitated for a moment.

Motoyasu: ...o-of course i am

Raphtalia: if that were true, then you should have a slave yourself instead of that two-faced princess!

Motoyasu: excuse me!?

Myne: How dare you say such things!?

The woman raised her hand, to strike me.

Myne: Take that back you damn demi-human!!

Ryuji: hold it!

 Before that woman could strike me, Mr Ryuji suddenly appeared and grabbed her hand.