Ch 16: A Challenger Approaches

NAOFUMI POV

After getting teleported to a Village near the mountains, we saw a flying ghost ship emerging from a crack in the sky along with many interdimensional monsters.

Ake: shield hero! Ryuji!

Ryuji: so you guys did get teleported

Naofumi: Ryuji, scout out the area for any nearby villages

Ryuji: on it. "Summon"! Rathalos!

After summoning Ratha, Ryuji got on his back and flew off.

As I was Changing to my Chimera Viper shield I heard voices behind us.

???: I'll handle this

???: out of our way

???: no you stay out of our way

I turned around and saw Ren, Motoyasu, and Itsuki along with their party.

They ran past us and charged towards the boss.

Naofumi: Hey, why didn't you guys bring the army!!?

The three ignored me and just kept running.

Naofumi: (damn it! It would be hard to protect the village, but I guess it won't be impossible)

Ryuji: I found a village!!

I looked up and saw that Ryuji and Ratha were already back from reconnaissance.

Ryuji: it's to the west. If you guys hurry you'll be there in a few minutes

Naofumi: can you tell me how far the village is from the capital? those idiots didn't bring the army

Ryuji: what!? didn't they know that trick you discovered?

Naofumi: I'm guessing they didn't think about it. so how long would it take for the army to arrive?

Ryuji: I'd say it might take the knights a few hours to get here

Naofumi: alright, let's focus on evacuating the villagers while the other heroes deal with the boss!

Everyone: Right!

Ryuji summoned his other monsters and we split up, with some knights teaming up with monsters.

Three hours have passed and while we were evacuating the townspeople, we saw an old lady easily defeating hordes of monsters by herself.