Ch 11: Mysterious Overgrowth

RYUJI POV

After saving Hickwaal from the bandits, he offered to share his knowledge and connections with Naofumi.

As days went by we heard all kinds of rumors about the other heroes, or to be specific, rumors about Ren and Motoyasu since rumors about Itsuki practically don't exist.

When we were parting ways, Hickwaal gave us some really, helpful information.

Hickwasl's info led us to find a cave where the magic stones could be mined.

With the info in hand, we went back to the capital to pick up the witch and bring her so she could confirm its authenticity.

Witch: I still can't believe that you found a gemstone so quickly

Naofumi: well, it's not that easy

After a while, we reached a cave which was located near a temple.

As we were about to enter the cave, I felt like something was missing.

Naofumi: hold on a second...

Naofumi went back to the carriage and I remembered that Raphtalia had motion sickness.

Witch: oh dear, is she suffering from motion sickness?

Ryuji: Yeah, unfortunately, we ran out of medicine for that

Naofumi: it can't be helped. Raptalia, you stay here and rest up, we'll look for the ore

Raphtalia looked at Naofumi with a pale face, holding back her lunch.

Raphtalia: b-but...

Ryuji: we'll be fine Raphtalia

Raphtalia threw up on the ground.

Raphtalia: ... I'm sorry

After leaving Raphtalia in the carriage, we lit some torches and entered the cave.

While wandering to find the ore, we stumbled across an empty chest.

Ryuji: looks like someone was here first

We then noticed a plaque with writing on it.

Witch: ancient writing. Hmm, it says "We fervently pray that this seed never makes it to the outside world. it is a horribly twisted manifestation of our wish that nobody feels the pain of hunger again in this world"

We continued in the cave, fighting some annoying monsters that used illusions on us until we reached a massive cave filled with crystals.

We admired the scenery when we suddenly noticed a sleeping monster.

The monster possessed the body and head of a lion and the tail of a snake tipped with another head.

Ryuji: a chimera?

Witch: no, It's a Nue. it's a little on the smaller side, but still dangerous

Naofumi: this might be rough. the gemstone is right in front of us but we can't get near it