Ch 21: Filolial Queen

RYUJI POV 

After we fought the monster to the point of blinding it, a flock of filolialas suddenly appeared. 

I then noticed my bird wyverns suddenly looked at the lake.

I got curious, so i looked at the lake and saw a large shadow in the water.

Ryuji: HEY, SOMETHING IS COMING!!

Everyone looked at the lake when a massive filolial came out of the water and landed in front of the monster.

Melty: No way! It's the filolial queen!

Filo: she's so pretty

The filolial queen stared at the blinded monster who somehow knew she was standing in front of it.

Filolial Queen: The dragon emperor's fragment has caused your body to mutate beyond your control...

I got confused by what she said about a dragon emperor. 

Melty: No way! She spoke!

Filo: Filo can talk too

Ryuji: she's a filolial queen just like this big one

I pointed my thumb at Filo.

Melty: Well, yeah, but...

Melty felt silent, probably embarrassed by her surprise. 

Filolial Queen: If you hand the fragment peacefully, I shall spare your life.

Rex: *ROAR*

The monster blindly rushed at the filolial queen. 

Filolial Queen: As you wish

The filolial queen kicked the monster away, which then countered by breathing fire at her.

Filolial Queen: pathetic

The filolial queen created a barrier that blocked the attack.

Filolial Queen: im finishing this now

She then zipped past the monster, which was now suddenly covered in wounds and died on the spot.

The filolial queen reached inside the monster's corpse and pulled out a giant purple crystal that looked like the one Filo found in the dragon zombie. 

She then looked at us, or more specifically at Naofumi. 

Filolial Queen: I take it that you're the shield hero, correct?

Naofumi: That's right

Filolial Queen: There is much that I need to discuss with you, but this form isn't exactly suitable. One moment, please

The filolial queen wrapped herself in her wings and then glowed brightly.

The light began shrinking, then faded, revealing a small girl with white wings, pink eyes, and a short silvery-white hair with three yellow cowlicks and wore a white dress with magenta accents.