(3) Meeting The Champions

I see Jackie and the rest of his group when I get out of the car. They're sitting in the same spot as before. No doubt waiting on that other kid. Jackie looks in my direction and starts to wave me over. I walk over to them and try my hardest not to be nervous.

"Hey Y/N!" Jackie signs excitedly.

I wave before the shorter guy speaks up. "Who's this Jackie?" He asks while signing.

"This is Y/N. We met in art yesterday." Jackie signs.

"I remember you. You're in our science class." The taller girl says smiling at me.

"Yea I am." I mumble. "I'm Y/N it's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too Y/n. I'm Aggie." She says extending her hand for me to shake. I shake her hand and give her a nervous smile.

"You're the other person in our group!" The short guy slightly yelled. "I couldn't figure out who it was for the life of me." He laughs.

"Yea I couldn't tell who else was in the group." I say with a small laugh. "I don't even know the subject of it."

"Don't worry about it. We'll help you." He says smiling.

"This is Keun Sup." Jackie signs. 

"Yep. That's my name, don't wear it out too much." He winks at me. I see Jackie slightly glare at him but he stops and turns back to me.

"It's almost time for first period but we'll see you in second. Alright?" Jackie signs to me. I nod and Aggie blurts out, "I guess Xavier isn't going to be here."

"That's weird. He's almost never absent." Keun Sup stated with a confused expression.

The other girl shrugged. I think I remembered her name was Maya. "He hasn't texted so he probably overslept or is sick." She checks her phone. "Just go on and I'll wait a little longer for him. You don't want to be late."

Me and the others, minus Maya, go inside and I wave good-bye as we had to walk in opposite directions.

Math wasn't the most fun. I swear I dozed off multiple times. Me and Craig started a few conversations and he started telling me about this place called "The Creek".

"It's this really cool place where kids can play anyway they want too." He beams excitedly.

"That sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out some time." I wasn't as nervous around Craig anymore. We had talked a bit and he seems nice.

"We have this place called the trading tree where you can trade things in exchange for snacks." He goes on for about ten minutes of all the cool things this creek has to offer. The bell rings and we have to go to second period. 

"You'll have to show me this creek one day." I tell him before walking to science.

I walk into class and see that the group I've met had moved closer to me. Jackie had moved into the seat in front of me with Aggie beside me and Keun Sup in front of her.

"Figured we can help with the project." Jackie signed.

"Aren't you in a group with that other guy?" I sign sitting down. There were a bunch of groups of two and one group of three since I joined the class after the teacher had already made the groups. Maya was working with someone named Raj.

"Yea but he's sick so I'll have to do it by myself." He signed. I swear he seemed happy that he wouldn't have to work with the other kid. "It's not a hard subject." Aggie pitched in. "It's an engineering design experiment."

"We'll build a bridge and test it's strength and height. Whoever's bridge holds the most pennies gets the best grade, but you pass as long as it's more than 10." Keun Sup added.