(16) Champions Hike

We were finally going on the hike that the Champions had promised me. Jackie has already taken me here plenty of times. We would go here to get away from the King, or for our dates. This time was different, they invited Craig. We were waiting outside of Jackie's house for him as Jackie finished saying bye to his dad.

Me, Keun Sup, and Aggie were talking when Craig shows up. "Hey, Aggie! Hey, Keun Sup, Y/N." He waves.

"Hey, Craig." Aggie greets.

"You're just in time. Jackie's saying goodbye to his dad, and then we'll hit the trail."

Jackie walks over to us putting his arm around my shoulder as the others wave.

"What's up, Jackie?" Craig signs. He started learning after the Dodgeball match. "Check this out, y'all." Craig opens his bag showing his supplies. "I got everything we need for the hike and more. I packed a couple of medical supplies in case of emergencies, some granola bars and Choco rolls in case we get hungry, and, of course, a bunch of markers to map the hike. If you -- if you still want me to, of course." Keun Sup translates for Jackie and Jackie gives Craig a thumbs up.

"Uh, sure, knock yourself out. We knock the way already, though. We used to sneak away and do this hike while Xavier was king, and we were his champions. I can't believe he used to think we all had dentist's appointments at the same time." Jackie and Aggie both smile as I laugh. Xavier always was pretty gullible. 

"Yeah, but now that Xavier's gone, we don't have to keep it a secret no-mo!" Aggie shakes her head with a smile.

"Cool! W-Well, I guess we should be on our -- Maya, what are you doing here?" I cringe as Craig freaks out.

"Dude, you really gotta stop doing that when we run into each other."

"Do what?" I help Craig up. "What? That never happens." 

"That one literally just happened."

"I dunno what you're talking about. Besides, what are you doing here? This hike is invite only." I cringe again as he embarrasses himself.

"Well, well, well, look who finally decided to accept our invitation -- the great and Almighty Maya." Keun Sup teases.

"Maya, you ding dong! You're not gonna rat us out to Xavier, are you?" Aggie adds on.

"Pfft, those days are over. I've got a lot of free time now." We start walking.

"C'mon, Craig, we're losing daylight." Maya waves him over.

"Yeah, I want to be there before the sunset so I can get another picture of it." I smile. Jackie ruffles my hair causing me to look up at him. He grins.

"Uh, I'm coming! Wait up!

~~~~~~~

"So, what's this waterfall like?" Craig asks.

"You just gotta see it for yourself. Once we get there, it's gonna blow your mind." Keun Sup isn't exaggerating. The view is gorgeous.

"If you think that'll blow his mind, wait until he sees the jump that I'm gonna do when we get there!" Jackie smiles at Aggie's statement.

"W-Wait, jump?"

"Yeah! That's how we're gonna end the hike! We're gonna jump into the lake below to prove our worthiness as champions. And also we're usually super sweaty by that point and could use the rinse. I told you that earlier, didn't I?" Keun Sup explains.

"Oh, r-right, right, I remember! Yeah, I wanna jump." You could hear the nervousness in Craig's voice. "You know Craiggy be jumpin'!" I cringe.

"Hey, guys. We made it to the speed hill zone!" Keun Sup yells.