22 - WHEN DREAMS BECOME A PERSON.

After nine months

"Nurse Iz, did you just decline the offer from US? Are you nuts? Why did you rejected it? Akala mo ba laging may opportunity na dadating sayo? Hindi mo kasi pinaghirapan kaya sinasayang mo?" A harsh remark echoed in my ear.

It was so rude that I would chose to be deaf than to hear more of it. I harshly turn my back and his annoying presence welcomed me. Everything about him is annoying! And I had to endure his rudeness, everyday.

Bakit ko ba siya naging kaibigan?!

"Shut up, Josh." I stated with disgust.

Josh and I became friends, accidentally. I got hired as an OR/ICU nurse here in Capitol Medical Center while he's working at the Cardio-department. This friendship felt like exactly tom and jerry. And I never agreed for a set up like this but here I am.

"You wasted my time getting that once in a lifetime opportunity for you!" Inis nitong saad.

Yesterday, I've received a HUGE offer from a popular and most advanced surgical hospital in the United States. The most advanced surgical hospital in US open a program where in they are looking for 5 competitive nurses with high credentials and skills in OR/SURGERY. This year, they opened their door for Filipino nurses. They will train and hire this 5 nurses to worked in their institution.

"I didn't ask you to!" Bulyaw ko. This is too frustrating!

He laughed sarcastically.

"You're ungrateful." He said.

Ang mag-tiyo na si Josh at Dr. Ramirez ay nagka-isa na i-apply ako sa program ng hindi ko nalalaman. Sa 300 aspiring nurses na nag-apply, isa ako sa limang na-aprobahan at napiling magpatuloy. Kahapon ko lang nalaman ang tungkol dito.

Dr. Ramirez knew that I always wanted to work with top and competitive surgeon around the world and I appreciate his intention and his thoughtfulness. Kaya lang, nakakabigla. Hindi ako handa.

I sighed.

"I'm sorry, okay? Thank you for the opportunity but I'm sorry, I'm not ready to leave the country."  I apologized, turning my back at him. I was ready to walk away when he speak again.

"I heard, you're the ace of AHMC. With your credentials, certificates, and recommendations, every big hospital would want to hire you. You're a board passer, first taker, and top 7 on PNLE. Pero bakit andito ka pa rin? bakit andito ka lang, Iz?" Simula na naman nito kaya napahinto ako. "Wala ka bang mas mataas na pangarap para sa sarili mo? Sinasayang mo lang ang kakayahan mo, ang pagod mo, ang pinag-aralan mo. You deserve better and foreign countries can offer you the best that you deserve. Ano bang pumipigil sayo? Bakit ba nag-t-tyaga ka rito?!"

"Tama na, Josh. Huwag mo na lang pakialaman ang buhay ko." I said dryly.

"Can't you see that you're choosing to settle for less? You can be greater than this but you're clearly losing yourself for something else." He said with so much disappointment. "You lost the fire that I see in you the first time I met you, many years ago. What happened to you?"

After my shift, the tiredness leave my body the moment I saw Carlo, waiting for me. I immediately run to him to recharge my dead battery.

"Lets go home?" He suggested.

"Already home." I murmured, resting on his embrace and closing my eyes as I tightened my hug.

He chuckled and hug me back. "Should we just stay here until morning, then?"