23 - TO DREAM AGAIN.

I've come a bit early for my duty and find my way to Josh in the Cardiology department.

"Do you have time to spare?" Bungad ko pagkarating ng lalaki sa tapat ko. "Can we have a short walk along the hospital premises?"

"My shift will end in five minutes. Can you wait?" He replied.

I nodded my head and wait for him outside.

"What's the matter? I hope you're not in love with me, kasi if ever,  hindi ka pa nag-c-confess na-reject na kita ng paulit-ulit. Walang meaning ang sayaw na 'yon, Iz- " He didn't got the chance to finished his nonsense.

"I realized that I shouldn't waste the opportunity that comes to me and chose not to disappoint people around me, especially those who believe and those who wanted to help." I said, cutting his words off. I decided to try my luck in US. I don't want to live with regrets. "Pero baka hindi ko to kayang iraos ng ako lang. So, I am asking for your help. Please help me."

"You don't have to ask, Iz." He nodded, delighted with what I just said. "We will help you in any ways we  can. I'll help you."

"Great." I said letting go my breath with relief. "So tell me, what should I do?"

"The RN should defend 1 research project and complete two year free online and schooling under their instruction, and took the pre-liscensure exam and the institution's exam to gain the certificate or licence. After passing the exam and getting their license, the nurse will have go to USA and finish 1 year training with pay. Your  fate to be hired and work to assist and collaborate with the different competitive and well-known surgeons will depends upon your performance." He explained. He also told me about the gains that awaits me. "You'll be under probation and they will only hire you, kung sa tingin nila ay equipped ka na at handa ka ng tumabi sa surgeon nila during an operation."

Little by little, my interest started to make a spark, igniting my desires, fueling my passion, making the fire of my dreams to keep burning again.

Until then, I've decided to start dreaming again.

4 Months after

Nagising ako nang mauntog ang noo ko sa lamesa. Sinampal-sampal ko ang pisngi ko upang magising. Alas dose na pala ng madaling-araw, inabot na ako ng antok habang ginagawa ang research project. May Isang buwan na lang ako para tapusin ang project ko. Halos patapos na rin ako sa research ko, at hindi nga ako pinabayaan ni Dr. Ramirez at ni Josh.

I'm putting all my effort and I am confident that I won't mess this up since this is a prerequisite for the enrollment in their institution. It would be a really great help if Carlo know about this. He could help me a lot. But I don't know how to tell him. The opportunity is perfectly wrong timing for our relationship. But I had no choice but to grab it. I have to think about myself too.

"You did great today, Iz." I said to myself, patting me a good job. "Time to sleep."

Kinabukasan ay gumising ako ng walang duty na iniisip. I did everything, humming. Mas lalo akong natuwa nang mabungaran ang naka-upong si Carlo sa sala ko. Kagagaling niya lang shift niya at dumiretso na agad siya rito.

"Carlo!" Maririnig ang saya sa pagtawag ko.

I was about to run to him and cling at him, ngunit nabato ako sa kinatayuan ko nang tumayo ito. Napako ang mga mata ko sa nakabukas kong laptop. The email from US was displayed over the screen. I felt like a robber who caught red handed.