Chapter 9

Training was more hard for the young White Cloaks. The five noble borns ended up bleeding and half dead by the end of every day. They were coming to realise that they were being used and forced to fight against the knight's code. The people of Ashya were starving and poor.

Azrael summoned the boys over to talk to them one evening by the fire. He had a plan and he had enough of the White Cloaks. The three new members of the group came over and joined them. Three squires rejected by their lords because they were not good enough.

"The White Cloaks are no good, they are destroying this kingdom! So will you be strong and stand with me? Will you fight for our freedom?!" Azrael spoke strongly.

"I will fight beside you, like how you fought for me." Jaceson said. "And maybe my father will finally be proud."

"I too will join, and I will fight till the bitter end if I must," Wren said.

"Down with the Outlaw Prince! And long live the true king!" they all shouted as they raised their swords together.

The next day they planned to bring down the White Cloaks. And get some people on their side. So Jaceson and Azrael went around to find people who would join them. They eventually came back with seven. Seven people who did not like Prince Kaine at all and wanted him gone.

"Tonight we will set fire to the camp and escape." Azrael said.

Everyone cheered and congratulated Azrael in succeeding to bring forth the alliance and the start of a revolution.

The alliance went about their day as usual, training, doing the chores that the White Cloaks tell them to do. Then when night fell, Azrael, Wren, Lucas, and Jaceson lit torches and ran through the camp. Eventually it was set on fire and the White Cloaks ran out of the huts and towers to escape the blaze. Two men on the watchtowers yelled down to them. Saying that the squires were responsible. Azrael and his gang ran out of the camp in all the composition. They mounted horses and rode off into the night.