Chapter 10

Barley, Greyson, Rickard and Adam had only two options. Run or fight. Greyson had already chosen to fight as he lifted his crossbow and put an arrow into it.

"Put that thing down," Lord Skully ordered. "You are traitors to the king."

"He isn't the king! Cassius is! Long live King Cassius!" Barley drew his sword.

They were on each other instantly. Lord Skully pushed Barley into a wall. They kept swinging and hitting and missing. Then just as Barley brought his sword down, Lord Skully reached his arm out and somehow managed to choke him without touching him.

"Behold! The power of the dragon." Lord Skully's eyes turned icey blue as he shot blue fire from his fingers.

Greyson shot an arrow that struck the lord's outstretched arm. Simion Skully clutched it as blood flowed from the wound. The guards attacked, striking vicious blows.

Rickard and Adam grabbed axes that stood rested against a wall and tried their best to help. Rickard fought with ease. He broke two spears and knocked a sword out of one guard's hand. But then something struck the side of his head and he fell to the ground in pain. Rickard tried to shake off the pain and stand up. But then a sword slashed him from the navel to the chaps. The boy fell dead, blood everywhere.

"You killed him!" Adam screamed and jabbed the guard with his axe.

"You little shit," growled the guard.

But Barley stabbed the guard in the back before he could fight back. Barley, Greyson, and Adam ran through the tunnel to safety. Having one their first battle. But unfortunately leaving one man behind.