4.

Bondita

"Oye! Where are you lost? Everything is alright na?" Aansh had asked me, sensing something was off.

I sat in the café with Aansh, He came to Mumbai yesterday. I felt like I was carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. I wished I could tell him about the mess in my life but I knew I couldn't keep lying to him for long. He was the only one who had been there for me when I needed someone the most during my that time. I knew he deserved to know about my current situation.

I took a deep breath "Aansh, I want to tell you about-" My words died down as I was about to tell him everything but I saw Anirudh walking towards us with my brother. I couldn't believe my eyes. What was he doing here? Was it another coincidence or did Veer have something to do with this? I remembered him telling me about visiting this café, but why was he helping Anirudh? Didn't he remember what Anirudh had done to his own sister?

Disappointed and upset, I looked at Veer, who avoided my gaze, He couldn't even meet my eyes and looked down in shame. Meanwhile, Anirudh wore a smirk on his face, clearly enjoying my disconcert.

"Hey, Bon isn't that Veer?" Aansh asked excitedly and called him to sit with us.
I felt a wave of panic wash over me as they approached us. I grabbed the hem of my shirt to steady myself, feeling like I was about to lose control.

Just as they reached our table, I made up an excuse and hurriedly rushed to the bathroom, desperate to escape Anirudh.

I stood in front of the mirror, I couldn't help but feel vulnerable. My emotions were all over the place, and the memories of the past started flooding my mind. I knew I had to talk to someone, and the only person that came to my mind was Arya. I quickly dialled her number, and as she answered, I could sense the concern in her voice.

"Bondu, are you crying? What happened?" she asked.

I hesitated for a moment, trying to gather my thoughts and emotions. Finally, I mustered up the courage to speak.

"He is here," I whispered, feeling a lump in my throat.

"Who?" Arya asked, trying to understand.

"Ani-" I couldn't finish his name, as tears started streaming down my face.

Arya paused for a moment, trying to find the right words to say.

"Don't cry over him, Bondita. He's not good for you. Remember how he used to ignore you, even when you tried your best to win him back?" she said, her voice gentle yet stern.

"I do," I replied, wiping my tears with the back of my hand.

"Then why are you crying over him again? You're with Aansh now," she reminded me.

"I know, Arya. I love Aansh, but not romantically. You know that. I thought I had moved on from Anirudh, but when I saw him again after four years, I saw the same emotion in his eyes that used to give me hope back then. I thought I had moved on, but then I saw him again," I explained, feeling a mix of guilt and confusion.

"Bondita, just shut up! How can you forget what you did to move on from him? And now you want all of that to go to complete waste?" Arya scolded me, her tone firm and rude.

I shook my head, remembering exactly what I did to move on from Anirudh.

"You're right," I said, feeling a sense of clarity.

"Good. Now wipe your tears and go back to them. Show Anirudh that his presence doesn't bother you," Arya advised me.

I nodded, feeling grateful for her words of wisdom.