three

It was the end of the week, and the farewell was just a few hours away. Bondita was sitting in her room, deep in thought, her mind was filled with mixed emotions.

On the one hand, she was looking forward to seeing her friends and teachers one last time, but on the other hand, she was dreading it as well.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a loud knock at her door. She took a deep breath and got up. She rushed over to the door and opened it without pause.

It was Anirudh; he appeared to be a little nervous and anxious about something. He quickly stepped inside as he tried to maintain his composure. But what was he doing here? What about his girlfriend?

"What are you doing here?" Her words came out cold and rude, a drastic change from the usual happy demeanour she maintained around him. But her mind was a mess right now, and she simply couldn't be her normal self.

He looked at her a little hurt, he probably wasn't expecting her to behave this way. But she couldn't help it; her heart ached to hear the news of him being in love with someone. How was she supposed to act normal?

"Why are you here Anirudh?"

"Why can't I come here?" He said

"I wasn't questioning your presence here, I was just wondering why you came here, are you here to give me a pep talk?" she replied, trying to sound nonchalant. She was still confused as to why he was here, she wondered whether he had figured out her feelings for him.

Anirudh kept quiet for a moment, as though considering what he should say next; "I just came to check up on you."

His reply only made Bondita more curious, she couldn't understand why he came here. She had been avoiding him for a week and suddenly he showed up at her house to check up on her.

"I'm fine, really," she said, trying to reassure him. "Are you sure? You've been avoiding me for a week," he retorted, raising his brow.

Bondita had no idea he was aware of this fact as well. It was getting harder and harder to keep up her nonchalant act, especially when he was so observant.

"Are we not late?" Anirudh asked out of a sudden.

"Huh..." she replied as she looked at the time on her phone. She had lost track of time by worrying. She quickly began getting ready, but not before taking a lingering look at him. She wondered if he knew she was avoiding him, and more importantly; if he knew why.

She was about to leave when she turned back, Anirudh was still standing in the same spot, as though he didn't want to leave. He was clearly waiting for something, and now she was worried that he wanted to have a 'talk'.

She couldn't think of anything to say, she had always believed that her feelings for him would remain unrequited. This whole situation was so complicated, all she wanted was to have a normal conversation again. She looked at him for a moment, hoping some words would come out; but nothing.

This silence was too unbearable, she needed to break it before she lost her calm. "Shall we get going?" she asked with a fake grin on her face. She had to act normal, she didn't know what was going on but she had to keep her composure.

"Yeah," Anirudh said with a small smile, but he looked distant and distracted as though his thoughts were elsewhere.

The atmosphere was very different from how it usually was, and it was making Bondita anxious. She hoped the whole 'talk' would be over soon, she hated this feeling, it felt like there was a ball stuck in her throat preventing her from talking freely.

They walked in silence, Anirudh was silent, and Bondita was trying too hard to find something to say without letting him know she was actually dying inside. The tension was so thick that she couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. She wanted to ask him, what was on his mind, but she couldn't work up the courage to say it out loud.

Bondita followed Anirudh to his car, she got inside and sat nervously in the passenger seat. Her heart was beating rapidly, and she felt the nerves in her stomach tighten. The atmosphere was still strange, and she wished he would start the conversation.

The silence was too much for her to handle, as she glanced at him hoping he would break it. He started the car and put the gear in reverse, yet he didn't say anything. She was getting more anxious as the silence continued.

Finally, they reached the college; now she just wanted to finish this day and go home. She was so tired of pretending to be normal, the whole day had been too exhausting. All she wanted was to lie in her bed and just pretend nothing had happened.

☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾. ๋࣭ ⭑⚝.

Double update if this chapter gets 20 votes today

Next chapter will be the farewell.

Till then byeeeee!!