three 🌻

Bondita's Pov

The chilling words sent a shiver down my spine as his grip on my cheeks tightened, causing extreme pain. He stared into my eyes with such intensity, such menace, such hatred. It was so unnerving that I froze, unable to speak or move. I can never forget that look on his face.

"ANIRUDH! SHOULD I HAVE TO CALL YOU DIFFERENTLY I SAID FOLLOW ME!"

With my cheeks still gripped by his hands, I heard Mr. Hazarika's voice which sounded furious now and then I saw Alya was looking back at us with concern. Anirudh glanced at me angrily on hearing his father and snapped, "I said I'm coming." He finally let go of me and stomped away in the direction his father had gone.

I took a deep breath, my heart thumped fast in my chest as the adrenaline was still rushing through my system. I felt like I had just survived death. My cheeks burned from his sudden and forceful grip on them.

-~-

A few moments later, I heard Alya's footsteps approaching me, it was obvious that she was concerned about me. She was coming towards me but stopped in her tracks the moment she spotted the redness on my cheeks.

She froze and stared at me in disbelief for a moment. Her eyes were now filled with worry and concern. She came near me, and with her palms, she started to gently touch my cheeks.

"Are you alright?" She asked, still looking at the red marks on my cheeks that Anirudh had left behind.

"Y-yeah, it's nothing...he just..." I replied tentatively, trying to figure out what would make sense if I said anything here. But before I could think of anything suitable, Alya was now inspecting my face, trying to gauge how hard Anirudh had actually grabbed my cheeks.

''I am sorry on behalf of my brother''

I was still processing whatever had happened. I felt so confused and shaken from the entire situation that I couldn't even properly think about how to react. I was feeling a swirl of mixed emotions right then. Anger, fear, shock, confusion, and even some strange attraction for Anirudh, which I hadn't expected to have after the incident. My cheeks were still stinging from his rough grip. I was not sure what to feel or what to think anymore.

"Don't be, I'm fine, really," I said in a soft, uncertain voice. I was trying not to make a big deal out of the situation, but she kept on looking back at my cheeks and frowning with concern.

"It's okay, I'm okay." But I was not sure if I meant it. Anirudh's sudden and forceful touch had left me feeling shaken up inside, and the lingering sensation made some sparks in my heart. I didn't like it. Why was my heart making these unfamiliar beats? Why was I still feeling this heat in my stomach?

"Now tell me, what was all that?"

Alya stayed quiet for a moment and then sighed. "Well...it seems my brother has been keeping some pent-up anger inside him and he finally let it out today." She said, with a slightly upset tone in her voice.

"But why was he angry with me? I never met him until today"

"That..." She paused and hesitated for a second like she didn't want to say something. Finally, she spoke with an awkward tone, "Well ...he has...um...um...seen you somewhere before, I guess."

''Actually yesterday I saw you out of a  sudden and I got scared because this is the first time my parents have allowed me to stay on my own and when I found you in my room I kind of misunderstood. So I called my brother and the rest is all history and ya, I only called my father who is also the principal''

"You were scared?" I echoed, raising an eyebrow at her. "Why? What was so scary about me? I promise you, I was no threat."

"I just freak out"

"Why though? Are you some sort of scaredy-cat?" I teased her gently, my tone now friendly.

She chuckled softly and then spoke up, "Yes, I am a scaredy-cat! I can't help it. Any loud noise or sudden movement, anything like that makes me panic. I guess I'm just overly nervous and anxious."

Her frank admission made me chuckle, and as we laughed together, our conversation felt more natural and relaxed. I now felt more comfortable around her, and I appreciated her honesty.

-~-

When I woke up the next morning, my mind was still filled with questions about the bizarre incident from the other day. But I decided to put that aside and focus on my studies. I quickly got myself ready for classes and then left for college.

I arrived at college just in time for my first class of the day and then headed straight to the class I was still lost in my thoughts when I entered the classroom and took a seat at the back.

Soon, the lecture began, and I settled in to pay attention to the material being covered. But I was still thinking back to yesterday, to the weird feelings I had now towards Anirudh, the intense attraction I felt towards him even after the rough way he had treated me. I couldn't stop thinking about those few moments. I tried to push those thoughts aside, but they kept coming back. That heat inside me was beginning to rise as if my heart wanted something else, something more. His touch...his strength...his determination...everything was still ringing through my body.

My attention snapped to the front of the classroom as I heard a voice breaking into my thoughts. I looked up and saw a very familiar figure sitting beside the lecture stand. It was Anirudh.

The professor looked at Anirudh and stated, "Class started ten minutes ago, you're late." Anirudh sat there silently, his expression unbothered by the professor's reprimand.

"I'm sorry, Professor." He replied politely, his voice calm and steady. The Professor glared at him for a moment before continuing the lecture and then finally shifting his focus back to the whiteboard and the slides.

Anirudh made his way to the empty seat beside me, and sitting down, he leaned back in his chair. I was still startled to see him here, and I quickly tried to bury myself in my books to make up for the sudden awkwardness.

I heard a soft chuckle come from beside me as Anirudh said something under his breath. I glanced in his direction, wondering what he had said. But he was leaning back in his seat now, his eyes glued to the professor's lecture.

I turned back to the front, and for the next few minutes, I tried to focus on the lecture. But I couldn't help feeling slightly distracted by Anirudh's presence beside me. I still couldn't quite comprehend the strange feelings I felt towards him, and it made me uneasy.

I finally let out a sigh of relief as the lecture was over and the bell rang. It was time to go to the next class. I quickly packed up my notes and books and started walking to my next class. Anirudh was also walking nearby, and I noticed that he too was heading in the same direction.

As we walked, I was still trying to sort out my feelings for Anirudh. I couldn't get over the weird attraction I felt for him despite the fact that he had treated me so poorly and shown such anger. I kept wondering...why was I feeling this way. What was this strange sensation stirring within me whenever he was near?

I was about to enter the next class when Anirudh grabbed my arm, and I froze. I looked at him questioningly as he stopped me from moving forward.

"W-what a-are you d-doing?"

"Shh", Anirudh silenced me in a harsh tone. He then tugged my arm slightly and started pulling it with him towards a secluded corner. I was shocked and startled by his sudden touch and attitude, especially after the tense atmosphere from last evening. What was he planning to do to me now?

☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾. ๋࣭ ⭑⚝.

New chapter updated.

Do share your thoughts.

And Do votes & comments.

Till then,

Love from your author <3