7 ♡

''I'm the son of a powerful and influential criminal mastermind. I had been groomed since childhood to take over the family's criminal organization, and I secretly resented my dad for forcing me into this life. I desperately wanted to be free to live my own life on my own terms.''

When Anirudh finished his sentence, Bondita felt like she had been slapped by the reality of what her situation was. She finally realized the gravity and implications of what was going on. She felt numb as she processed what he had said.

"What's your father's name?" she finally spoke, but her voice was shaky and unsteady from the realization.

"Binoy Singhania'' He spoke quietly, looking away and avoiding her eyes. He continued to hold her tightly as if he was fearful of losing her. She noticed that his grip around her had weakened and was not as intense as it was before.

"He is the head of a powerful and influential criminal organization, and I have been expected to take over the "family business" since I was young. I have never known a life outside of this and have always dreamt of being free and being able to live my own life, but my dad would never allow that.

"So, when you went against him and tried to see me, he lost all control and this was his way of punishing you? By hurting someone you care about?"

Anirudh's eyes remained downcast as he remained silent for a long time. Finally, he spoke in a barely audible voice.

"Yes... that's exactly what happened. He didn't have any way to control me when I went against him, so he decided to hurt me by hurting someone I care about."

''Care about?"

He remained silent for a beat, and then he finally spoke in a soft, slow voice.

"Yes. I care about you. I have been trying to ignore my feelings and pretend that they are not there, but I can't. I care about you in a way that I have never cared about anyone before. That's why he knew it would hurt me if he messed with you."

Bondita stared at him for a long moment, speechless, realizing the implications of his words. It was a lot to take in but she felt a rush of emotion washing over her. She felt a mixture of emotions flooding her at once, fear and uncertainty but deep under those layers, she felt the beginnings of something else.

"I care about you too," she finally said softly, and there was a long silence. She could hear her heart beating faster and her mind was full of a sudden rush of emotions that were hard to process and articulate. She felt a touch of uncertainty and anxiety but also the beginnings of something deeper.

Anirudh was the one to break the silence, and he did it abruptly. "Marry me," he said forcefully. She was taken aback and stunned by the suddenness of his suggestion since they had just met. But she could feel that there was an underlying reason for his request, a sense of urgency and the need to act quickly.

"A-anirudh what are you saying?"

"We need to get married, as soon as possible..." he said firmly, not giving her the time to think about it. She was left shaken by the suddenness of his proposal but she could also see the desperation in his eyes and how important this was to him.

''B-but how can we----''

Anirudh interrupted her before she could finish her sentence. He took both her hands and held them tightly in his own, his eyes fixed on hers.

"There's no time to explain right now. Just trust me and say yes. Please, I'm begging you....."

Anirudh suddenly pulled her closer to himself, bringing his face close to hers. He looked at her intensely, with his eyes full of emotion. He was holding her tightly and she felt his body against hers in a way that was utterly intimate and familiar.

"We can... It's possible. We can do this... If you trust me," he said passionately, the intensity of his expression and his words catching her off guard. "Just trust me...''

I trust you Anirudh but why suddenly marriage? marriage is a pure bond where love is included. You don't even love me" Bondita explained almost crying

"How do you know that I don't love you?" he asked softly, leaning even closer and caressing her face gently. His voice was soothing and comforting, giving off a sense of peace and calmness. She felt herself melting under his touch and she found herself swept away by his charm and his warm and reassuring presence.

"I-I just know"

"No, you don't," he said softly, his voice filled with conviction. "You have no idea what you mean to me and how much you matter to me. I care for you deeply and have feelings for you that I don't know how to explain, but I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know you may think it's sudden and unexpected, but trust me, I know what I'm feeling and what I want. I want to marry you, I want to build a life with you."

Anirudh pulled her close again, his words becoming more impassioned and urgent.

"I need you to trust me. I need you to believe in me and believe in what we have between us...Please marry me" he said pleadingly, looking at her with a heartfelt look of desperation. She felt herself lost in his eyes and overwhelmed by his desire to be with her.

''But why suddenly?''

Anirudh signs before explaining.

"I don't know how much time we've got my father still wants me to join him, and I need to make sure that you're safe. If we get married, even if something happens to me later on, they won't be able to touch you because you'll be my wife. We need to act quickly and get married as soon as possible...That's why I need you to trust me and believe in what I'm saying."

''Anirudh, please don't say this. Nothing will happen to you" Bondita cried

"I hope not," he said softly, touching her cheek gently. "But I don't have complete control over this situation. What I do know is that I want to be with you and I want to protect you. And the only way I'll be able to ensure your safety is if we get married. I won't let anything happen to you," he said, his voice becoming intense, passionate and insistent.

"Please understand," he said, his voice becoming more pleading and adamant. "I need you to trust me and believe in what I'm saying...We don't have much time. I don't know if my father will come back and if we'll ever get another chance for this. So for once, just trust me and put all your worries aside. You know how much I care about you and how much you mean to me, and that is what matters the most. Please marry me, I promise I'll take care of you.."

''I love you, Anirudh. And yes I will marry you''

Anirudh was taken aback and stunned by her sudden agreement. He had expected her to resist and argue with him, but she had completely complied with his request. He felt deeply overwhelmed with emotion and suddenly pulled her tightly against him in his arms. He crushed his face against hers, kissing her passionately and then holding her in a tight, tender embrace.

☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾. ๋࣭ ⭑⚝.

Like the chapter?

Do vote<3

Plabita