one

Bondita Sharma is just an average girl, who enjoys being herself. Not too loud, or too shy, she was just 'Bondita', and it was enough; she always thought.

She was always very close to her best friend and used to share many things with him. But her friend was something else, He enjoyed attention; being the centre of attention whereas Bondita was happy being in her shadows.

Bondita was waiting for her best friend Anirudh to pick her up from her house. He was always a little late, but today, he was very late; this was not like him; she was starting to get worried.

But just when she was about to call him, he parked his car in front of her house and honked. Her best friend was here.

"Where have you been?" she asked in a gentle tone, to which Anirudh just gestured for her to get in the car.

She slowly got in the car, and after a few moments, they started driving. The usual route to their college. No one spoke, which was strange, this wasn't like her best friend, he usually spoke alot.

But now, he was quiet, too quiet. And his demeanour was strange, something was definitely up. But now, he was quiet, too quiet. And his demeanour was strange, something was definitely up.

As they neared the college, she finally broke the silence, "What's up?" She asked, hoping that her best friend would at least talk to her now.

"Can we talk?" Anirudh finally replied, he seemed serious about talking, Bondita was a little worried now but kept a straight face.

"Can I ask you something?" Anirudh said, to which Bondita replied "Sure."

This was the strangest conversation she had had with her best friend, she felt as though he was being too formal. But she decided to hear what he had to say.

"Can I ask you something very personal?" He asked again, before continuing without stopping for an answer.

"We've been best friends since we were kids right?" He said, "Yeah. Since 1st grade." Bondita replied, starting to get anxious now.

"And you trust me, right?" He continued looking straight at her this time, "Yes of course." She replied without a thought.

"And you know I would never hurt you, right?" This question made her heart skip a beat, she immediately looked ahead and replied, "Yes of course. I trust you."

"Have you ever been in love?" he asked, finally coming to the point of why this conversation was important. Bondita gulped as she looked back, he was still looking in her eyes, waiting for an answer.

"I-I

She couldn't finish a sentence. Her heart was beating faster than it'd ever been. He was asking about her love life. Was this even reality, or was she living in a dream, she didn't know what to say. Her best friend was looking at her with expectation, waiting for an answer.

"Why are you asking all of a sudden? Do you love someone?"

As the words left her mouth, she prayed his answer would be a "no." But his answer came as a shock.

"Yes." he looked away for a moment, and then right back into her eyes.

That word, 'Yes' changed Bondita's world, her best friend was in love with someone. The realization of this fact made her heartache. What had she expected, she knew this would've come at some point in their friendship. But still, her heart ached.

Her best friend was in love with someone, but the pain was still fresh. As she processed the whole situation, the only thing she could think of was; "who?"

She couldn't help but feel a slight sensation of jealousy. The idea of her best friend spending time with someone else, someone who wasn't Bondita made her heartache. What if that person becomes more important to him than her?

What if she loses him to her?

Her mind was filled with a thousand different thoughts, and she wanted to speak, say something, anything; but her throat wouldn't let her.

Anirudh was silent, he continued looking at her. She couldn't think straight, this was all too much for her. After another moment of silence, she finally managed to muster up enough courage and asked.

"Do I know her?"

He paused for a second, thinking, then replied, "Yes, you do know her."

Her heart started beating faster again, she wanted to ask who it was, but she held back. The fact that he was in love with someone she knew made the situation weird. She was scared to know who the mystery girl was.

As she had always kept her feelings hidden, she never wanted to admit her true feelings for him.

The possibility of him loving someone else made the thought of having a future together a myth.

She was devastated, the news of him falling in love with someone she knew was the last thing she wanted to hear. She tried covering up her feelings, but it was written all over her face. He could probably see right through her.

She got out of the car without uttering a word, she couldn't deal with this news; she couldn't bear to look at him again. She ran to her college building and disappeared into a crowded corridor.

She was filled with anger and sadness, the whole situation was weird. She had hoped for him to be single forever so that someday they'll end up together. But now that he loved someone else...what was she even supposed to do?

☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾. ๋࣭ ⭑⚝.

TadAaa!!

Chapter one uploaded