Chapter 1: Where am I?

Aubrey's POV-

Aubrey's POV-

It all felt like a messed up dream.

Waking up, or always being awake just with my eyes tightly shut. I cracked my eyes open to see I was laying on the ground. The ground was covered with lush green grass that was atleast an inch tall.

Confused I sat up and glanced around to see I was under a large aspen tree.

Where am I?

What is this place? Did I die?

Suddenly everything came rushing back. The party, Layla, the man, the knife, the pain...the kind man.

Who was he?

"I see you are awake" I voice called out and I jumped to my feet, stumbling from surprise.

I whipped around to see a man with soft features and in lounge wear.

"Who are you?" I asked cautiously, the man smiled at me in kindness.

"I can't answer that, but I can answer your other questions" His voice was light and airy, innocent but still held a wise note.

"Ok...where am I?" I asked tightly, still not fully trustful of the strange man.

"You're in heaven my dear. I apologize to say how you died" The last part of his sentence held sadness but there was happiness in it. Almost like he was relieved I was there.

"I-died? And I'm in heaven?" My voice raised in surprise.

He nodded softly.

I took multiple beeaths, trying not to feel myself out.

"I died?" I repeated in disbelief. He nodded again as he took a step to me but I backed away quickly.

His smile faded slightly but his eyes shown with understanding.

"Come on dear, I must show you around before I have to go" he ordered softly while waving a hand to me.

Almost compelled I stepped to the man and followed him as he walked away from the big aspen tree.

Why am I following him? Should I trust him? Am I really dead? This feels like a messed up dream that I can't wake up from.

What happens to Layla? Is she died too? Is she ok? What about my parents? Are they ok?

The man chuckled for some reason and I looked up from my feet that were bare.

I'm still wearing my green dress but my heels were gone, which I couldn't tell if I was relieved or freaked out about.

"You have many questions" the man stated the obvious and I huffed.

We walked to the edge of the field where there was a town. It was huge and reminded me of Morocco but slightly more dulled out colors. The small town was placed at the bottom of a hill, the top of the hill held a large city that looked like it was a little more modern than the town was.