Chapter 17: Love Nothing More

Ivan's POV-

Ivan's POV-

It was so fucking difficult seeing her suffer while I only stood by. I had to do something but everytime I tried I felt absolutely useless and guilty.

When I handed her off to father it hurt me, it hurt me bad.

I wanted to burn all the world down as he grabbed her from me, my arms burning in the process from them slightly crossing over the gate so he could grab her.

The few seconds of agony in the fire was worth it though.

She was safe.

So after than I watched, and waited.

From the shadows above the air in the rooms I watched as he healed her, saved her; and I couldn't be more relieved.

I knew he knew I was there, he could sense me gazing through the shadows with the only form I could see through heaven.

I was just an unless pair of eyes in the shadows though. I cannot interact or speak, I must only observed from the air.

I spent hours in the shadows, watching her breathing and making sure her body reacted well to his ways of healing.

She was a fighter, my little fighter.

As she woke up a day later; three days after I had found her; she was disoriented.

I wanted to hug her. Fuck, I wanted to kiss the daylights out of her but I couldn't and it angered the fuck out of me.

I could only watch.

I can only watch as she woke up from her slumber to a realm I didn't belong in—but she's safe, and that's all that mattered.

Even if I had to watch from the sidelines for the rest of eternity I'd do it all over again.

Aubrey's POV-

In a daze I remembered waking up in  my house.

Nothing from my memory was coming back and only when I had looked down at my perfectly clear brown skin I had realized what had happened.

He did it...He really did it.

I was amazed at the revelation that he had healed me, but my thoughts turned to a frown when I realized what being healed meant.

He knows I crossed the gate.

I began to get nervous.