Chapter 6: Home

Aubrey's POV-

Aubrey's POV-

After I had talked to God I walked the distance back to Marabella's house to tell her of what we discussed, which she found sad for me.

The rest of that long day I was sad, moping around while picking oranges from trees as my mind was sluggish.

All I could think about was my parents and what they were thinking.

Did they missing me? Did they know I was dead? Did they catch the guy that killed me? Are they happy? Are they ok?

I also spent a while wondering if Layla was ok also.

Was she dead too? If she was she would be here, right? She must had survived. I hope she's ok.

When the sun started to set I began to  break. I was alone in my house again, all alone, and everything felt so wrong.

I wanted to feel less lonely but Marabella has already went to sleep at her own house and I didn't wish to disturb her.

So I did what came to my mind.

I was a very impulsive person. If I thought a thought and it seemed fitting I did it without much thought. I did not dwell on overthinking my actions, as now I was dead and it couldn't get any worse.

So I threw on some baggy cloths that consisted of a green hoodie and tight black sweat pants. Green was my favorite color, it was just so tranquil.

With nothing left to do I left my house and walked my way to the field all the way to the big aspen tree, but when I got there it felt as if I was stumbling. The ground was nothing but smooth grass; I was stumbling from the sobs I held in my chest.

The burden of death weighed in my chest as if a rock sunken to the bottom of a cup of water.

Tears in my throat I walked to the silver gate and crossed without a thought.

I never thought of anything while I crossed. I was just thinking of one destination, or rather one person.

I didn't know why I wanted to see him. Maybe because he was the only one that wasn't fake. Everything in heaven seemed to happy, to care free. There was no hunger or death, nothing to worry of. It all felt to made up, like a doll house.

He was the only one that felt like like I was still living.

Carefully I made myself at home infront of the dead tree again, and stood still there.

The air was crisp in my lungs as if shards of hot glass. Something about hell was dangerous, it lurked in the mist, but I danced along the line between danger and safety as if I owned the world.

For some odd reason I never felt in danger there, when he was present. Which I knew at the time that he was right behind me than as I faced the dead tree.