Chapter 9: Devils Of Sin

Aubrey's POV-

Aubrey's POV-

Marabella never really got angry. Up until that point I didn't think it was possible but then did I stand before her with her eyes wide and her nightgown touching the grass I knew I had screwed up; big time.

"Bella I can explain if you would just let me" I raised my hands to try to not escalate the situation.

"Follow me" she ordered sternly but I hesitated to move. "Now. Aubrey" she gritted out and I finally moved to follow her to her house.

I had to admit she was scary when she was angry.

We got to her house and she whipped open the door before I closed it softly behind us. She marched into the living room where as I nervously stumbled in.

Was I in trouble?

I frowned.

Wait a minute, this is ridiculous I'm thirty-four years old I don't need a talking down from anyone!

I was very wrong.

"Marabella I know your angry but I have a reason—"

"So you have ANY idea how dangerous it is outside of that gate!" She yelled at me as I flinched slightly in surprise.

Ok, maybe she can talk me down a little bit...

"You are not meant to be in hell! You are to belong here in heaven for the rest of eternity"

Well that sounded boring.

"Do you even know what hell is? Good gosh women do you even know who runs it!" She screamed at me as if I was stupid and at that point I wondered if the neighbors could have heard her. The walls are no where near sound proof.

"I-well I was just—" I didn't know how to explain to her of what I had been doing the past week.

Where do I start?

"I well—"

"Spit it out Aubrey!"

"I met the devil" I mumbled into my sternum as I sat down on the couch and lowered my head to my chest.

Silence.

It was quiet for about a millisecond before she screamed again. "You met who?!"

I felt my eyes water slightly from frustration and confusion. I didn't understand why she was yelling at me so much and I felt terrible that she was yelling in the first place.

I had been yelled at by my father before but never had I been yelled at by a woman which felt entirely different for some odd reason.

"I met the devil...I went to the dead tree on the other side and he meets me there" I confessed as she paced infront of me.