Chaper 3: Aspen Tree

Aubrey's POV-

Aubrey's POV-

The tree was huge, as were most aspren trees when they have been alive for years, but that one was HUGE.

It stood atleast four stories tall with bright green leaves with flowers surrounding every inch around the ground.it looked magical.

I didn't want to disturb the flowers so I simply kept my distance, feeling as the area around the tree was too sentimental to touch the area around it.

Quickly though my thoughts drifted towards the tall sliver gate that stood yards away from the tree, almost like it was hiding behind it.

I glanced back and saw Abby in a small field of poppies.

I was at a split.

Everything in me was saying go back, turn around, danger.

Of course I didn't listen to it though.

With heavy footsteps and my heart echoing in my ears I made the decision to make my way to the gate.

As I got closer though everything in me turned. Told me to get closer.

So I did.

A few feet I stood infront of it. It was about two stories high and had soft but jagged edges.

The gate was open though.

It was welcoming. To welcoming.

With shallow breaths I took my first step out. My first step outside the grounds of heaven, and everything went still.

All the air, the magic in the sky, the cool aroma of the summer sun all stood still. As if time had frozen even though it already was.

What is happening?

I was both stupid yet grateful I stepped outside the gate.

I took in my surroundings and realized there was a tree on this side as well. There was a tree that was in the center or a field right infront of me.

I stood on dirt but ahead of me was a field of yellowing dead grass.

The tree was dying, the wood was old and cracked and it was darker than the wood was meant to be. I had no idea what kind of tree it was because it looked like it wasn't a tree at all. It looked to dead, it was probably.

Feeling another pull but stronger I don't hesitate to head to the dead tree and as I got closer the more it felt like I was heading to something dangerous.

Just like that morning it felt like somone was watching me. The same eyes and again like that morning I didn't feel fear.

I was stupid but I'm glad I was.

My footsteps haulted when I came to stand a few feet away from the tree, as that one had felt tainted by something not meant to be touched.

Entering here felt tainted.