5. A Psychopath

*TW: Murder/ Blood*

*TW: Murder/ Blood*

Gerard's eyes fluttered open as Frank yanked open the curtains, flooding the room with sunlight. He groaned, the brightness stabbing at his eyes. "Morning already?" he mumbled, still half-asleep. Frank's laughter filled the room. "Time to rise and shine, baby boy," he said. "Got a long day ahead." With a tired sigh, Gerard pushed himself into a sitting position, rubbing his eyes to clear away the remnants of sleep. "Tell me about it," he muttered and Gerard slumped back against the pillows, too tired to muster the energy to get up. Frank grinned, his eyes softening as he looked at Gerard. "Come on, sleepyhead," he said gently, reaching out to give Gerard's shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "I'll carry you to the dining room for breakfast." With a reluctant nod, Gerard allowed Frank to scoop him up in his arms. "Thanks," he murmured, leaning his head against Frank's shoulder as they made their way to the dining room. Gerard sighed contentedly as he settled into his seat at the dining table, watching Frank move around the kitchen. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, mingling with the sweet scent of pancakes cooking on the stove.

Frank placed a steaming cup of coffee in front of Gerard, the warmth of the mug seeping into his hands. "Here you go, honey," Frank said, a soft smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Just how you like it." Gerard took a grateful sip of the coffee. "Thanks, Frank," he said,. "You always know how to make mornings better." Frank chuckled, his eyes crinkling with affection. "Anything for you, Gerard," he replied. As Gerard took another sip of his coffee, Frank returned to the stove, flipping the pancakes with practiced skill. He drizzled syrup over the golden-brown stacks, the sweet scent filling the room. Frank placed a plate piled high with pancakes in front of Gerard, the syrup glistening. "Dig in," he said. "You need your energy for the day ahead." Gerard smiled gratefully at Frank, picking up his fork and cutting into the fluffy pancakes. As they ate, Frank glanced at the clock on the wall. "Hey, Gerard," he said softly, setting down his fork. "You should probably head home after this. I've got some visitors coming over soon." Gerard's heart sank at the thought of leaving Frank's side, but he knew better than to argue. "Yeah, I guess you're right," he replied reluctantly. "I'll head out after breakfast."

Frank reached across the table, squeezing Gerard's hand gently. "I wish you could stay," he said. "But you know how it is. I can't exactly have you hanging around when people come over." Gerard nodded. "I know," he said, forcing a small smile. With a sigh, Gerard finished his breakfast. He wanted nothing more than to stay by Frank's side, but he knew that their love had to remain hidden, at least for now. Frank continued eating, his gaze flickering between his plate and Gerard. "You should go shower first," he said gently. But Gerard hesitated, a stubborn resolve settling in his bones. "I'll wait for you," he insisted, setting his fork down. "I don't mind." Frank sighed, knowing that Gerard wouldn't budge once he'd made up his mind. "Alright," he relented, a small smile tugging at his lips.  While waiting for Frank, Gerard wandered into the living room, his eyes scanning the familiar surroundings. His gaze landed on the coffee table, where a Bible lay open, its pages yellowed with age. He arched an eyebrow in surprise, a bemused smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Well, well," he muttered to himself, shaking his head in disbelief. "What's this doing here?"