11. A Dearly Slap

*TW: Smut*

*TW: Smut*

The morning light filtered through the curtains, casting a soft glow across the room as Gerard slowly stirred from his sleep. But as he attempted to rise from the bed, a sharp pain sliced through his head, reminding him of the consequences of last night's excess. Groaning softly, Gerard sank back against the pillows, one hand reaching up to massage his temples in a futile attempt to ease the pounding in his head. He felt utterly drained, the remnants of alcohol lingering on his tongue and a heaviness settling in his limbs. "Ugh, why did I drink so much?" Gerard muttered to himself, his voice muffled by the pillow. He knew he had overdone it last night, but in the haze of the party, it had seemed like a good idea at the time. With a resigned sigh, Gerard resigned himself to staying in bed a little while longer, hoping that the pounding in his head would soon subside. Suddenly, Hayley entered the room, her footsteps echoing softly on the floorboards. She approached the bed with a gentle smile, her hand reaching out to shake Gerard's shoulder.

"Gerard, wake up," she said softly. "You don't want to sleep the day away, do you?" But Gerard merely groaned in response, burying his face further into the pillow. "Not now, Hayley," he mumbled, his voice muffled by the fabric. "I've got a headache." Hayley frowned, her concern deepening as she observed Gerard's pale complexion and furrowed brow. "Oh, dear. Did you have too much to drink last night?" Gerard nodded weakly, wincing at the movement. "Yeah, I think so," he admitted, his voice barely above a whisper. "I'm feeling terrible." Hayley's frown softened into a sympathetic smile as she gently brushed a strand of hair away from Gerard's forehead. "I'm sorry to hear that," she said softly. "Is there anything I can do to help?" But Gerard merely shook his head, his eyes closed tightly against the onslaught of pain. "I just need some rest," he murmured, his words slurred with exhaustion. "I'll be okay." With a sigh, Hayley nodded understandingly, her hand lingering on Gerard's shoulder for a moment longer before she reluctantly withdrew. "Alright, Gerard," she said softly. "I'll leave you to rest. But if you need anything, just let me know, okay?" Gerard nodded weakly in response, his thoughts already drifting back to sleep as Hayley quietly left the room.

In the dining room, the elegant table set with fine china and gleaming silverware. The pastor sat at the head of the table as he savored each bite of his breakfast and Donald and Donna sat across from the pastor. "It's such a pleasure to have you join us for breakfast, Pastor," Donald remarked. "We always enjoy your company." The pastor nodded in appreciation, his gaze flickering between Donald and Donna as he replied, "Thank you for having me. It's truly a delight to share a meal with such esteemed company." Donna smiled warmly as she added, "We consider you a dear friend, Pastor. Your presence always brings a sense of peace and joy to our home." The pastor's smile widened at her word . "I'm honored to hear that," he said sincerely. "Your kindness and hospitality are truly unmatched." Donna glanced at the pastor with a warm smile. "How is everything, Pastor? I hope the food meets your satisfaction." Frank took a moment to savor the flavors on his plate before responding. "Everything is absolutely delightful, Mrs Way," he replied. "Your culinary skills never cease to amaze me." Donna beamed at the compliment, her cheeks flushing with pleasure. "Thank you, Pastor," she said graciously. "I always strive to ensure that our guests enjoy the finest dining experience."