Chapter 5

Caludeilah:

The sun wakes me up shining through the large window in front of me brightening up the dark room.

Rafes room.

The large hand around my waist pulls me into his body spooning me so I'm trapped not able to get out of his grip.

Our body's are perfectly fit together under the grey covers.

"Stay," he whispered into my ear. His voice is dry and croaky but still attractive.

His words made the hairs on my arms stand up.

The rust of guilt fills me as I realise what I've done.

I have just slept with Rafe Cameron. The Rafe Cameron that my friends despise. The boy I've despised all my life.

"I-i need to go" i say his grip around loosens enough that i can turn to face him.

He frowns at me frustrated at my words.

"Now" I demand looking into his ocean blue eyes that are pleading me to stay. His arms finally let go of me, completely giving up.

I roll out of the bed gathering my clothes and run straight for the bathroom. As I shut the door my leg shattered beneath me. I collapse on the floor trembling the regret of what I think happened the night before that makes me feel sick. Just the thought of it.

My memory is foggy but i could still remember him kissing me and also the fact that i woke up naked.

What the fuck is wrong with me. I needed to just forget about him.

I had to see my mother  today, which is my biggest worry for today, Rafe can wait. She left me and my dad when I was 12 and for the past 5 years she's seen me ten times.

When i have to see her, my life after has been hell. The thought that she has a new family breaks my heart more than any boy could.

The only thing that got me through having to see her was the pouges.

They were here for me when she told me she had a husband and when she was pregnant that she decided to have a new life without me in it.

And that was the easy part of it.

There have been only a few times I've seen her but without a doubt she picks me apart every time, then we argue and she leaves and does not speak to me for another 6 months. What a mother she is right.

I just know she'll have something to say about my friends if her opinion has any relevance.

But it always manages to hurt anyways.

Once I'm finished getting dressed I leave Tanny hill. I get in my car and drive back to my own home.

I open my door to find my mother waiting for me.

"Oh god Caludeliah you look like a mess" my mother says as soon as I walk in taking in my day old clothes and my smudged mascara. I havent seen her in ages and thats the first fucking thing she says to me?

"I'll go get ready" I say in the most cold tone rushing up the stairs.

"Caludeliah we are going to be late for our reservation if u don't get down here right now darling" my mother shouts with the most passive aggressive voice from the bottom of the stairs like it's the end of the world that we are going to be late.

                               ***

"I think you should get the salad dear" she practically demands.

"I think I might get the pasta" I say ignoring her last comment.

A waiter comes up to our table nervously.
"Two salads please" my mother tells the waiter. I give her a death glare.

"That will be right out ma'am" the waiter gives me a sincere look of pity before he quickly scurries away trying to get away from my frightening mother.

"Don't give me that look Caludeliah you don't need the extra carbs'' she says defensively."
"If you care so much about my carbs and what I eat , then why did you leave?" I say giving her a sweet sarcastic smile.

How are those horrible pouges you hang out with so often anyways" she asks, trying to change the subject.

"Like you care" I say under my breath.

"What was that?" She snaps

"Nothing, they are fine" I state.

Once we finished our food, my mother and I got up to leave.

"How is your father doing" my mother chimes trying to keep in her sour tone she normally has. Her act she puts on everytime we meet to try and snake her way into hurting my father drives me crazy.

"Why do you care anyways, you left us. You have never been here and you will never be in my life and these lousy attempts of keeping contact is bullshit" I scowl, hitting her where it hurts.

"Your right I will never be your mother and I didn't want to be. That's why I left you. You were a mistake just like marrying your useless father was." My skin feels hot to the touch from how her words affect me.

"Fuck you" I spit with venom.

The slap is quick. The right side of my cheek burns up in pain. Tears form in my eyes.

"I don't want to see you again. You the worst daughter anyone could ask for you spoiled entitled brat of a girl" her words hit me like bullets.

"The only reason I even see you is because your idiotic father pays me so don't think for a second that I actually want to see you willingly".

"Don't ever contact me again Caludeliah '' she declares and leaves me outside the restaurant.

The stingy in my eyes as tears pool up physically hurts.

I hold myself hugging my chest tightly so I don't collapse from the emotional pain my mother has just enfolded on me.

I get home to my empty cold house that doesn't feel like home. My home is the pouges.

I reach for my phone And call home. He eventually picks up.

"Hey jj" I Croak trying to hold in my tears.
"Uh um Cory this isn't a good time, can I call you later?" He asks as my heart breaks one last time.

"Y-yeah no problem" I blurted out.

"Bye Cory" he says softly and then hangs up.

My emotions come crumbling down as soon as I enter my room as I collapse sliding down on my door so I'm sitting on the floor.

My sobs become louder and louder. So louder I can't hear my window open.

I look at my window to see a tall blurry figure standing in shock looking right at me.
Rafe.

I rub my eyes to get a clearer view of the boy. His eyes are full of sadness and pity.

"What are you doing-" he cuts me off.

"Are you okay?" he says sweetly.

I don't answer and just break down. Right in front of him.

He walks slowly towards me and gently places me on the bed holding onto me for dear life.

"Shhh it's okay" his words are caring and genuine. He places his hand on my head stroking my hair slowly and sweetly, not the cruel boy who tormented me all my life. Rafe Cameron was comforting me.

I rest my head into his neck sobbing more and more. Holding on to him and him holding me as I cry.

AUTHORS NOTE: hope you enjoyed this chapter 💗💗 I hate cory's mum sm. chapters are being posted dailyy. thank you for reading 💞