Chapter 11

I feel a large hand wrap around my waist before gently picking me up and carrying me bridal style. The smell of Rafes cologne filled my nostrils and the familiar feel of his arms around me made me feel safe.

He gently placed me down on the passenger seat of his car before pulling the seat belt over me and fastening it. The cold leather makes my bare arms and legs get goose bumps .He closes the door and walks over to the driver's side. I watch with my eyes slightly open as he sits down on the seat, trying not to focus on the pain throbbing on the lower half of my face.

Rafe starts the car abruptly and speeds back to his house. The whole car ride he kept his hand interlocked with mine, I could tell he was trying to comfort me and even if I hate to admit it, it was working.

...

"Thank you" I say softly to rafe as he cleans the blood that had made its way out of my mouth and onto my skin and the cut JJs ring had left. I screw my eyes shut tight when I speak. The movements of my mouth striking pain down my jaw.

The feeling of deja takes over me as I remember the night he showed up on my doorstep clearly shaken up, fists covered in blood.

I remember me not judging him for whatever he had done and just keeping him still and calm but that quickly fades away when I realise how he got into that mess in the first place.

JJ.

The boy who had just punched me in the face and how the boy they all detest is helping me and not them. My own friends left me in the dirt just like rafe said the would.

I turn to face the mirror and see the whole left half of my lower face was many shades of purple and blue with a blood red cut in the middle. Rafe stands silently behind me staring down at me.

"Here take one of these" he finally says before handing me a box of pills labelled 'pain killers'. He then passes me a glass full of water to take the pills with.

I place the pills in my mouth and take a gulp of the water. I feel the cold liquid trickle down my throat and ease my thirst.

Rafe takes a hold of my hand and gently pulls me out of his bathroom and into his room.

He hands me a t-shirt and a pair of newly washed boxers. I quickly change into the clothes and turn back to look at him. He opens his mouth to speak.

"You looked tired" he says before I nod and slip under the covers of his bed. He follows and sits beside me, reaching over and placing his hand through mine. My other hand fiddled and held his ring around my neck.

"Cory, I'm so sorry for what happened tonight." His apology took me by surprise. Rafe Cameron just apologised? I thought to myself before replying.

"Rafe it's fine" my voice was shaky and soft but reassuring. I looked into his eyes as he leaned down and placed a sweet kiss on my forehead.

I lay my head on his chest. All the negative thoughts that had previously been the main thing on my mind slipped away making the only thing i could think about was rafe.

Feeling his chest go up and down with every in and exhale. I closed my eyes slowly drifting off into a deep, needed sleep.

...

I strained my eyes as rafe opened the curtains in his room. His lips curl into a smile as a laugh bubbles in his throat after seeing my reaction.

"Fuck off rafe" i say rasing my middle finger at him. My jaw still hurt when I talked but it was tolerable. He laughs in response to my comment and walks over to my side of the bed. He reaches and grabs my chin with his hand inspecting the dark bruises and harsh cuts that were still on my face.

"Are you feeling any better?" he asks, still staring at my injured face.

"Rafe im fine, I swear. Stop worrying so much "I say, giving him a small smile.

"I just-" he cuts himself off. "I just care about you a lot. I've never cared for someone as much as I do you and I don't want to see you in pain." His confession made my stomach twist. His words were filled with honesty and truth. I couldn't pretend I didn't care about him either because I cared a lot even if I didn't want to admit to myself or anyone else, I knew deep down that I did and that scared me.

"I feel the same rafe" I say softly as his gorgeous smile appears on his face. The light in his eyes is not dull but full and pure. His mind has become purer.

He walks towards me and quickly scoops me into his arms and spins me around his room.

"Rafe put me down" I basically laughed my words out.

He gently puts me down on his bed and lays right beside me soon after.

...

My phone lights up and pings. I picked my phone up, the lock screen was filled with twenty missed calls from jj that i ignored and a message from my dad. This first message in days after him leaving for his 'trip' two weeks ago.

Dad: hi cory, midsummers is tomorrow and we are walking with the camerons so you better be there and get a dress please. bye love you x

Me: Okay, can't wait to see you !

I place my phone on Rafes bedside table and sigh.

"I need to get a dress for midsummers tomorrow and my cars in the shop. What the hell am i going to do" my head falls to my hands which muffles my words.

"I can take you Cory" Rafe replies. I look into his eyes, he doesn't force his reply: it's genuine for once.

Rafe Cameron is doing me a favour?.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hii sorry for the wait I was meant to post every day but oh well. I'm going to try post a new chapter on Friday as well. Thank you so much for reading💞