Chapter 12

Rafes hands land on my thigh as we drive to the boutique.

The breeze of the outer banks summer air filled the car.

I look to my right to see rafe once geld back hair messed up from the wind. The strands of hair that  fall so perfectly in front of his face suited him so much.

I watched out of the window taking in how perfect today was. It's wasn't to windy nor to hot. It was outer banks at its finest.

I've always loved living in outer banks. It's been the best tourist destination in Charleston for as long as I can remember. I know that even being a pouge your life would be greater than any person living in the city. The people, the beach, the weather it's all perfect.

The drive isn't long before he's parking in front of the boutique. i ve gone to the same place all my life to get my midsummers since I was born. My mother had picked my dress every year before she left. I'm glad she left because those dresses were awful.

I hate to think of her. I want her out of my mind to I can only think I what is in front of me.

Which is rafe Cameron.

...

"this one makes me look like a hooker" I step out of the fitting room to where rafe is sitting glaring at him offended by his dress choices.
"The red suits you" he sips on his champagne looking me up and down.

I scoff and walk back in. The rack of dresses stresses me out as I flick through them.

Too flashy
Too dull
Too much
Not enough

Until a baby blue satin dress catches my eyes. It's the perfect shade that always catched my eye.

I step out once again and look in the mirror. It sits perfectly on my figure,clinging to all the right places. The colour matches both mine and rafes eyes as the fabric reflects the lights making me look angelic.

I turned around to look at him.

"This is the one" he states standing up and comes close hugging my waist gently.

"You're so beautiful" he says looking me in the eyes with pure mesmerisation And lays a kiss on my lips.

We both pull out of the kiss. We just stood there hugging each other. The butterflies in my stomach come to life by the littlest touch from him on my body.

"We gotta go at some point rafe" i hum softly staring at his perfect lips as i talk.

"Okay" he smiles " but I'm paying for the dress" he adamantly says, dropping his hand from my waist.

"Rafe you don't-" he cuts me off "i want too and im not taking no for an answer. Now go get out of the dress before I rip it off your body." A slight chuckle escapes my lips as I walk into the changing room doing what he asked.

...

Getting ready for midsummers was my favourite part of the whole event. Getting ready with my best friend, blasting music through the whole house, the pre-drinks, every part of it.

I arrived at sarahs earlier than planned in my car that I finally picked up from the shop. I walk in the house bags in hand and my dress in the other.

I tip toe up the stairs, my eyes draw to the rafes door which is closed like normal but right now isn't about him it's about me and my best friend looking are best.

I open the Cameron girls bedroom door and basically jump into the room "BOO" I scream. Sarah jumps from a fright so bad she falls out of her bed.

" oh my fucking god cory you scared the shit out of me" she says trying to catch her breath at the same time and runs over to hug to me tight.