Chapter 15

Soulmate:
A person ideally suited to another as a close friend or Romantic partner.

I always wondered if soulmates ever existed.was it just bullshit or was there a person for you? There are nearly 8 billion people in the world and there is only one, one person that is right for you.

There is only one I think about when I wonder who it could be.

I never had that positive influence on what love truly is when I was little or even now. My parents would never stop arguing it was always the Same routine every night. They would bicker about a little thing that wasn't even important and that would escalate into belongings being thrown across the room and my father sleeping on the couch. I never would listen to their pathetic arguments. The only thing that would drown out their yells throughout our home was music.

Music helped me focus and helped me never have to listen to them ever. But besides that it's was the Same every morning the act where it's like nothing happened, like we were this fucking perfect family.

The thought of losing jj maybank makes my heart ache. I physically feel sick knowing I need to say something But i just can't. It's a different feeling than when my mother left.

Her leaving felt like a weight off my shoulders; I was just relieved more than anything.

The words are trapped and I just can't tell him the truth.

I open my mouth to reply before I scream alerts me and jj.

Kiara, pope, John b and Sarah are all standing at the top of the boating dock.

"Oh shit" I huff under my breath.

"Come on jj they are gonna kill us" I completely ignored his last comment and began to guide him to the others.

"Uh hey guys" I awkwardly greet my friends knowing they're going to throw a fit.

"Are you two seriously high right now?" kie spat.

"Nooo never" Jj commented, words slurred as he emphasised the o and patting kie on the shoulder to try calm the feisty girl down.

But it really didn't work.

"Right, we literally have to go to this bat shit crazy woman's house tonight to steal gold from her and you guys are high?? Seriously you guys have a problem."A slight chuckle escaped her mouth at the end. "I can't believe I just said that in one sentence" she says to herself.

"Yeah" I chuckle at her words.

"Well we really should get going now" John b tells the whole group. "and you two better not do any more stupid shit" he adds.

...

"Right we need to be in and out," pope says, instructing everybody.

Me and jj are both now fully sober and we both haven't said anything about what happened earlier. It's like it was a fever dream,like I'm going crazy just repeating his words over and over. But I'm glad that we have just forgotten about it; I couldn't  contemplate losing one of my best friends.

We all hopped out of the Twinkie and made our way to the vast wall barricading us from the house.

...

"WE GOT THE GOLD!!" john b exclaims in an excited tone.

I excitedly grin and inhale out of relief. Pope jumps excitedly causing his lower body to knock the  steering wheel making us swerve around the road.
"SHIT" Sarah squeals as the twinkie hits into something. A loud bang echos through the big vehicle.
John b jumped out the van and made his way over to a motorcycle that was laying motionless on the road. A tall figure is towered over the busted motorcycle. I follow john b and exit the twinkie.
As I gradually get closer to the figure, his face becomes more recognizable. Rafe.
"Rafe? Is that you?" john b questions.
"What the fuck! You busted my fucking motorcyle!" he shouts, his words full of anger. His fits clench and his veins running down his arms become more noticeable.
As much i as try to push the thoughts away i can't help but wonder if he's okay but he kind of deserves it after what he did to pope.
My eyes wandered to his face, his eyes were full of rage but it was deeper than that they were disguised by the regret probably of the thought of what ward will say or do to rafe. His face was cut from the impact of falling on the ground. Ward has never liked violence or any sort of to protect the 'image' of his family but it's okay when he does it apparently. I know for a fact that whatever rafe would say where his bruise came from would automatically lead to drugs and rafe starting fights.
"Caludeliah you're not going back in that pile of trash" he spat while grabbing my bicep and dragging me over to the side so john b cant hear.
"Ow your fucking hurting me rafe getting off you psycho" i grab his arm forcing him to let me go."shut the fuck up" he mumbles
Rafe turns back around to me "you are coming home with me and sarah is too"he commands "i'm not going anywhere with you and who are you to tell me or sarah what to do you don't even like either of us and for christ sakes she's your sister!" i say back.
His brows knit together in a stern frown and he inches closer to me so close I can smell his strong cologne and a light tinge of weed he probably smoked prior. 
"I dont give a shit,your dad told ward hes worried about you and i was out looking for you and sarah and because of you i got hit by your worthless friends, and there is no way im letting you getting killed because they can't fucking drive, do they even have their drivers license." he rambles
"If he cared enough he would come down himself" I fold my arms as the only thing that I listened to him ramble on about was my dad.
"Well i guess he doesnt care enough then" he spits.
The anger hit me like a wave crashing into me at full speed. I felt my legs move me inches towards Rafe as if i was possessed. I brought up my right hand to the side of his face, hitting it hard with a strong slap that left the palm of my hand stinging. I didn't stay to see his reaction and instead turned on my heels and walked towards the twinkie. The hard gravel that had made its way into my shoes was pricking at my toes like the guilt that I felt.
...