Chapter 16

"We need to get rid of the wheat symbol or no one will buy this" pope says inspecting the bar.

"I have a plan" jj announces.

"Here we go" John b folds his arms knowing his 'plans' never go well.

"We tell people it's a weed symbol and that our drug dealer best friend wanted to make it weed gold" his plan is absolutely terrible.

"What sort of plan is that jj" kiaras face scrunches up in confusion.

"We could just melt it" I huff.

"Wait that might actually work" John b jumps out of his seat and grabs the gold out of jj's hand.

"Guys what about my plan"

"Jj your plan wasn't even a plan shut the fuck up" John b rolls his eyes.
...

"Be careful dude" Jj says to John b hovering over his shoulder as he heats up the gold.

"JJ your being more annoying than usual lets go feed the chickens"

"I can't go near them anymore after I killed my favourite" he whines

"Well let's just go inside while they are melting it"

I grab his hand and interlock it with mine.
"fine" he agrees and follows me inside.

"There must be something in here to make a sandwich or something" I scavenged the cupboards to try to find something edible but there was no luck.

"What the hell do you guys eat, there's only a half eaten banana in here and that's it" jj looks at me unbothered by my concerns. "Can I have that banana?" he asks gesturing his hands for me to pass him the banana "your disgusting '' i pass him the banana anyways cause i've seen him eat a lot worse and i would rather him have something to eat rather than nothing.

"cory,,JJ get out here" kie yells from outside and me and jj both make our way towards the lot.

"John what the fuck did you do no one is going to by that, it looks like shit" i look at the gold "it doesnt matter about the outside" he knocks the misshapen bar with his hand.

"only the inside" he adds.

"Yeah well i dont know how you expect us to get someone to buy that" pope sides with me.

"You tell em pope" i frown at john b.

"Hi guys" i hear a young girl yells from the front of the chateau.

"Sarah?" john b shouts to the girl before she appears "girl where have you been" i ask
hugging her tightly "long story" she smiles.

...

"Why do i have to" jj whispers as he furrows his eyebrows "because your the best liar" i reply back.

"Fair enough" he says indefeat as he walks up to the women.

Me and sarah start to walk around the pawn shop "so" i say to ease the awkwardness "you gonna tell me the long story?" i ask her softly.

"Rafe got hurt" she inhale as she looks at my face "yeah thats why i wasnt going to say anything" i frown " no tell me what happened" should i be asking? Should i even be concerned? He's caused more pain than helped but i cant push away the feelings i still have for him.

"Well i dont know all the details but i walked outside to come meet you guys and i saw him leaning on the ground so i went over and his fore arm was completely burned and when i asked what happened he wouldnt say so i just dropped him off at the hospital and came to see you guys". I stand there in shock.