Chapter 10

My best friend has just watched me make out with her brother.

I froze seeing her face. Confused but thankfully her eyes weren't full of hatred as I thought they would be. 

"Inside now cory" she drags me in her home by my arm until we reach her room.

"Explain now" she demands, closing the door behind her.

"Are you mad?" I question not really wanting the answer.

"Cory, you lied straight to my face today. And if you don't explain right now i swear to god" her tone of words get more dramatic by the end of her sentence.

"Okay okay" I agree sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Also its wasn't just you I lied to but I digress" she shoot me glares that i know just want to hear why i was just macking with her brother.

"What do you want to hear?" I shrug my shoulders trying to hide the anxiety I feel right now.

"I thought you hated him? You have always hated him" she answers her own question for her as i look down at the ground.

"I still do '' I say under my breath. "What" she furrows her eyebrows. "Then why the hell was your tongue down his throat a second ago!" she was getting more annoyed by my dry replies.

I fling my arms up in defeat. "I don't know okay it just happened" i stand up pacing in a circle. "He came to my house yesterday with blood all over his hands and when I asked he said it wasn't his so i didnt ask again so yeah i knew that rafe fought someone last night but i didn't know it was jj" i rambled on.

"Was that the first kiss you shared with him?" she asked seriously. "Yes" I lied again to my own friends. The lies just never stop

"Please don't tell anyone Sarah," I pleaded.
She nodded her head." i won't but don't ever make out with my brother infront of me again" she giggles and i do the same "i'm promise" a lie again.
.....

If I'm fine with Sarah I can try to see if me and kie are fine too.

Her face when she watched me and JJ argue was unreadable so I have to idea what she thinks and if she even wants to see me.

Sarah and John b are going to Charleston today and I pray to god Sarah doesn't spill my secret to him.

I make my way to the wreck where Kiara works on saturdays.

The restaurant is quiet for a Saturday mourning with only a couple people scattered around.

Kis is serving an elderly couple when she sees me standing at the bar waiting.

She walks up to me holding a jug of water. Her hair is up in a bun instead of her usual style of her let free.

"Hi" a small smile appears on her face trying to soften the awkward silence.

'Kie im so so sorry" i apologise to her.

"Cory, it's fine. We are fine, jj was only pissed at you cause he got beaten up in a fight he started you don't have to worry about me" she reassures.

My face lights up in happiness with the fact I haven't lost all my friends because of rafe cameron.

I hug her, squeezing her arms together tightly."Thank god. I hate when you are mad at me"

she pulls away to face me holding on to my arms. "Enough of the sobs. We need to talk about you and me going to the outer banks outside movie theatre tonight." she raises her eyebrow waiting for my answer.

I roll my eyes "what time" she jumps up and down in excitement.

"Meet me there at 7" she says while smiling which casts a smile on my own face too.
"Okay i'll be there" I say before walking towards the exit of the wreck. "Don't be late" kie calls out behind me.