Chapter 5

Alex's POV:

I'm woken up by my phone blaring. I pick up my phone as I squint at the screen to see the caller ID.When my eyes finally open, I scowl

(On the phone)

"Rae Onica Lenard! Somebody better be dead or dying for you to call me a 6:30 on a Saturday morning!"

"Jeez woman don't get your panties in a twist. I just wanted to know if you wanna have some girlie time today"

"..."

"Alex?"

"..."

"Cupcake?"

"What time?"

"9?"

"Sure,but you really couldn't wait until later to ask me this?"

"Nope!Bye babes love ya"

"Bye crazy woman"

As I got off the phone with Rae I got up and showered then got dressed

        (Without the jacket)

I went down to the lobby and saw Rae.We said hello and went this cute little ice cream shop down the road.She got butterscotch and I got cookies and cream.We sat down and started eating in a comfortable silence. "So,Alex." Rae says breaking the silence. I hum in response and look up at her."How are you and Jake doing" I pause with my ice cream halfway to my mouth.I slowly put my spoon down as I "W-we broke up." She stares at me open mouthed as I start to squirm in my seat. "What,how,when,where?Tell me.TELL ME NOW!How did I not know about this.Why didn't you tell me about it.I swear if he hurt you I will-."

"Rae!" I cut off her rambling. "It just didn't work out for us ok?" "Ok I just want to know one thing."
I nod at her to carry on. "What happened between you guys? I thought you were solid" "I did to.I caught him cheating on me." Rae gasps and I look at her with a sad smile. "With who?" "Shay" I say and she gasps even harder. Shayla (or Shay) was the third friend in our little group. She started to act a little strange towards the end of our high school years but we foolishly brushed it off.

"I swear if I see that skanky little wrench again I will tear her hair off and shove it down her throat and then I'll-." "Rae!" I cut her off again. "Please don't I just want to forget it all please.Just take deep breaths." Rae does as I say then we change the subject and we steer clear of any mention on Jake or Shayla.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
It was soon noon and Rae had to do something so we decided to say goodbye and head our separate ways. As I was walking back to my hotel I thought over today and other than the whole Jake conversation it was really good it being just Rae and I. I found out that she and ming had a husky together and I so can't wait to meet it.

As I was opening my door I heard my name called from behind me. I turned around and my face lit up as I saw the grey eyes I had been dreaming of for the past two nights.

"Kai!" "Hey Alex how are you." He replied I said I felt great and I couldn't help but notice that he looked...nervous?

"So, Alex I know this might be a bit to soon but I was wondering if I could take you out on a date on Friday?" I stay silent,my brain yelling at me to say yes but I just can't form the words.He must take my silence a bad way because he says "You don't have to say yes I-it's okay I just-." "No Kai I really really would love to I was just shocked" Relief was evident on his face as he said with a smile "Nice I'll pick you up at 8.Dress comfy" he threw me a wink and walked off