Chapter 8

Alex's POV:

"Jake?"

As soon as I lay eyes on the man that broke me, I get a flashback from that heartbreaking night...

(Flashback)

I try to balance the two takeaway bags on my arm as I try to get the keys to the small flat that my boyfriend and I live in together. I smile every time I think about him. I love him so much and he treats me so well and has supported me through law school and all the other stuff in my life.

I have just gotten off shift at a restaurant called The Diner a couple minutes walk away from our home and now I just want to eat and go to sleep with Jake beside me.

I enter quietly because Jake could be asleep. I put the food on the counter as I go into our bedroom and stop in my tracks as I see my loving boyfriend on top of my now ex best friend.

They hadn't noticed me yet so I leaned against the doorframe as I wait. After about ten minutes Jake looks to the side and stops. I can see the fear in his eyes as he sees me.Shay looks in his direction and sees me as well.

"Well don't stop on my account" I sat coolly "Carry on then" Jake quickly got up a chased me as I started walking away. "Baby,please stop and talk to me.This isn't what it looks like-" He rambles

"It's isn't what it looks like!What were you guys doing then,having a damn tea party?!" I yell.

He continues to try to talk to me but I'm already out the door.

I stare at Jake as he stares at me, and then his eyes shift to Kai.They both stare at each other and Kai slips his arm around my waist as I lean into his side. Jake's eyes tracked the movement and a fire lit in his eyes.

He jerked his head up at me and said "Well well well! I come back here to offer you a second chance after you walked out on me and had no contact whatsoever for three months.I gave you time to get over yourself but looks like you've kept yourself busy. I cannot believe you.

And you wanna blame me for sleeping with Shayla.Your lucky that I've even considered giving you a second chance,no man would ever want you with your body."

I'm on the verge of tears at this point,both from sadness and embarrassment,while next to me Kai is practically vibrating with rage.He lets go of my hand as he storms towards Jake.

He grabs Jake by his collar and shoves him against the tree.Kai then leans in to whisper something in Jake's ear and he lost all colour in his face.

Then Kai let him go and he scurries away into the shadows.Kai the walks towards me and pulls me against his chest.

He strokes my hair and says in gentle voice "Let it out 내 영혼" (my soul)

And I broke

Kai held me as I cried and kept stroking my hair,whispering sweet words to me.When I finally stopped I looked up at him and saw he was looking down at me with a soft expression.

"Let's go inside ok?" Kai said after a moment. I just nodded as we walked towards the entrance to the hotel