Chapter 7

Alex's POV

I stare at Kai's father as he glares at me.

""데이트"라니 도대체 무슨 말이야?"(What do you mean "date"?) I can't understand a word he's saying but I can tell he's mad by his tone. "내 말은 내가 그 사람이랑 데이트 중인데 너가 할 수 있는 일이 있단 말이야" (I mean I'm dating her and there's  you can do about it) Kai says in a annoyed tone.He then softly grabs my hand in his as we walk out the door

"I am so sorry about that Alex" Kai said after walking for a couple minutes " Don't apologise.It seems really rough living with a guy like that"

He scoffs then says " You have no idea 천사". (Angel) "Let's just go.I don't want to even think about him tonight.And anyway,the place I've planned to take you is no to far."

I smiled as we carried on walking in a comfortable silence.When we stopped walking we came up to a cute little diner.We went inside and sat down at a booth." What are you going to order?" Kai asks

"Well..." I say,trailing off." I think I'll have the egg fried rice" A sweet old lady comes to take our orders and Kai orders for us.

"Wanna play twenty questions?" Kai asks and I happily agree and we play as we eat our food. I found out that his favourite colour is hazel,his favourite food is Korean fried chicken,his favourite animal is a panda, and that he's in university for business.

He also learned my favourite colour is green,my favourite food is Alfredo,my favourite animal is a dog and that I'm studying law.

After we finished our meals we went for a walk in the park.With my arm in his we walk along the pond in the park."Kai?" I say softly,not wanting to disturb the quiet moment. He hums in response and looks my way. "Can you say something to me in Korean?"

He chuckles softly and says " Weird request but sure" he then thinks for a second." 당신은 내가 보는 즐거움을 누린 가장 아름다운 소녀입니다" (You are the most beautiful girl i have had the pleasure of laying eyes on) "What does it mean?" I ask " I love your company" I blush and we carry on walking.

After a couple minutes Kai stops us.He takes my hands in his. "Alex,I want to tell you something. I hope this isn't to soon but-"

Kai was cut off by a voice that made my stomach drop.A voice that has haunted me for the last several months.

"Alex?"

I turn around and see the face I was dreading of seeing again.The face that had been the whole reason I came to Korea

"Jake?"