Chapter 19

Alex's POV:

One month later:

I smile as I say goodbye to the person on the other end of the phone. I can't wait to tell Kai. I just got off the phone with a real estate agent. She said that she has a few open apartments  for me to see. And before that I was on the phone with one of call centre operators at my university.

The day after the gala I decided that I was staying in Korea. For good. I was going to continue my degree in fashion designing online here but I was staying. 

(AN: I know that her major was law but the change felt right, y'know ?)  

I turned the tv on to some random channel as I got ready to go see Kai.Just as I was about to go to the bathroom to do my hair I stopped in my tracks as I heard was the person on the tv was saying.

It turns out the random channel that I turned the tv onto was the news. I look back at the TV where news broadcaster was speaking a mile a minute, reeling from what I thought I had heard.But the rolling words at the bottom of the screen confirmed it. 

"- it has been confirmed by CEO of Park Industries, Mr.Ian Park that his son, Kai Parks and the daughter of Mr. Duri Hwang, Mingi Hwang are engaged and planned to get married on the 11 of  next month and unite the two companies. Up next-."

What ever she said next was drowned out by the roaring in my ears.

Kai

Mingi

Engaged

Married 

The room started spinning as my chest tightened. 

Kai

Mingi

Engaged

Married 

I can't breathe.

Everything is moving to quickly but to slowly at the same time and I can't breathe.

Can't breathe

Can't breathe 

Can't breathe.

My hands are shaking and my breathes are ragged as I picked up my phone and call Rae.

"Heyy Ale-" She paused at my heavy breathes. "I'm on my way, don't worry. I'll Be there soon cupcake. Just take nice deep breathes for me, ok." 

I nod even though she can't see me and try my best to take deep breathes but I can't.

10 minutes I felt arms wrap around me and that's when I broke.

I sobbed and sobbed in Rae's arms and let everything go. The hurt and heartbreak and betrayal and the brokenness of my heart. And during it all Rea was my rock. She ran her hand along my hair as she whispers "It's ok" and "Just let it all out" and "Im here" 

After I sought of calm down she says, "Ok, now can you tell me what on earth happened that made you have a panic attack?"

I point at the tv where they were again talking about Kai and Mingi. Rae's arms around me tightened as she read the top story. 

"Oh honey" Rae said and she rocked me back and forth and said. "Don't worry, he won't be alive long enough to marry Mingi" 

I laugh - which feels totally wrong right now - and hear Rae laugh with me. "That's cute. You think I'm joking"

We stayed like that for a couple minutes. On the floor wrapped around each other before I said. "I have really bad taste in men, don't I?" She laughed softly and kissed the top of my head. "The worst"

We stayed like that for a few more minutes before we got up. Rae held me at arms length and said, "Now, this is what is going to happen" She wipes the tears from my cheeks "You are going to clean up while I get us ice cream and chocolate and whatever I. can find that has a possibility of giving us diabetes, then we are going to make a fort, have a movie night and forget about men."

I laughed and nodded.

We fell asleep that night with Legally Blonde playing in the background and to much junk in out stomaches.