CHAPTER 12

Haseena goes near Karishma and turns her towards herself. "Karu, everything is fine... Kyu ro rahi ho?"

Karishma wipes her tears, pretending to be normal. "Yes, I know everything is okay. Hum nai ro rahe hai. Tum pagal hogayi ho, kuch bhi sochti ho."

Haseena gently holds Karishma's chin, raising her head, and looks into her eyes. "Why are you trying to lie in front of me, knowing you can't? Humse jhoot bologi?"

Karishma's heart melts within, and she instantly hugs Haseena tight, crying her heart out. Haseena holds her securely, understanding her inner turmoil. She has been controlling her emotions for the past fifteen hours, not shedding a single tear, and maintaining a stoic exterior. Despite her own struggles, she comforts Karishma, providing solace. Meanwhile, Karishma is completely devastated knowing the truth about her brother. Thinking about her family, she struggles to control her emotions. The person who gave wounds on her is now offering comfort and solace, causing Karishma to release all her pent-up emotions at once.

Haseena said softly, stroking Karishma's hair, "Karu... Kuch nahi hua hai. Please calm down."

Still crying, Karishma expressed, "Why always me? Hum ne kounsa gunah kiya hai? Kis cheez ka saza hume mil rahi hai? Hum thak chuke hai...! Hum se aur nahi hota."

Haseena held her more tightly and calmly assured, "Calm down... I will handle everything."

Karishma came out of Haseena's embrace. Haseena moved closer, wiped her tears, and listened to Karishma's emotional outpour. "Tumhe apna sab kuch dekh raha hai... Tum ne dhunda... Tumhara dil tuta... Tum ne hamara intezaar kiya... Tumhe cheating ka guilt hai. What about me? Humara dil bhi utna hi tuta hai jitna tumhara... Hum ne utna hi dard jhela hai jitna tum ne... In fact, tum se kahi zyada! Kyuki hume bura lagne laga ki hum ne galat kiya. Tumhe is baat ka guilt tha ki tum ne cheat kiya, par I had the guilt of ending our relationship. Hum roz news dekhne lage, articles padhne lage ki kahin se bas ye pata lage tum theek ho. Tumhe itna sab achieve karte hue dekh kar, I used to feel so proud of you. And you are talking about intezar? Agar tum 8 saal wait kiya hai... Toh tum akeli nahi thi Haseena! Hum ne bhi 8 saal utna hi intezar kiya hai. Aur hum puri tarah akele the... Koi nahi tha hamare paas. Tumhare paas at least Shivani thi. I didn't even get married because hum tumhara intezar kar rahe the... Hume yakeen tha ek na ek din tum hume dhundte hue aaogi aur phir hum saath honge. And what did you do at last? You married her!"

Haseena reacts to Karishma's passionate expression, placing her palm on Karishma's mouth and shouting, "Shut up! Enough! Not a word! Itna bologi BP high hokar maar jaogi! Already Shivani is serious in the hospital. Now I can't afford one more person in my life to get into the hospital. So shut the fuck up." She sighs after hearing the lengthy rant from Karishma.

In retaliation, Karishma holds Haseena's wrist, delivering a strong bite, causing Haseena to hiss in pain. Haseena looks at the mark and Karishma sternly stating, "Don't try to dominate me! I'm not your wife ki jo tum kahogi wo hum sun lenge. Shivani hogi tumari gulam... Wo karti hogi tumari seva aur ji hazoori. Hum nahi hai. Ye yaad rakhna."

Despite Haseena's rising anger, she manages to control it, emphasizing in a serious tone, "I swear if I wouldn't have loved you... Tumhari laash yahan hoti, issi waqt. Shivani humari koi gulam nahi hai, feed it into your rusty brain. She is my best friend and wife. Next time, don't you ever try these kinds of words for my wife. Actually, you know what? Galti kardi tumhe yahan lakar... I should have killed that bastard brother of yours in front of you and your family without saying anything. You don't deserve the soft behavior of mine."

Karishma retorts firmly, "Why do you always have to take my words so seriously? Kabhi uske peeche ki feelings bhi samajh jaao! I didn't mean what I said. I just wanted to tell you that I still..." She stops for a moment and continues, "Forget it. Hum jaa rahe hai."