CHAPTER 19

With Misri's departure, the air in the room shifted, and Karishma turned her gaze towards Haseena, her eyes expressing a deep sense of affection. The revelation left Karishma momentarily unsure about how to react, but the reassurance that everything was now resolved brought immense relief. The dream she had harbored for over nine years had finally come true—Haseena was now free from the unwanted entanglements with Shivani. It was just Karishma and Haseena, and she no longer cared about societal judgments or her family's reactions. It was time to live for themselves.

"Kyu hume Shivani ke baare mein nai bataya?", Karishma inquired.

Haseena sighs and replies calmly,"Kabhi apne present ke samne apne ex ya koi jo affection rakhta hai uski baat nai karna chahiye. Ache wo achi ho ya buri... The same applies to you. If you want to discuss something about the past then my ears are yours. Hum tumhe solution dene ke liye bhi ready hai. But I believe in this so that's the reason I didn't tell nor I will but if there is a problem I will surely discuss with you."

Karishma asks again,"Toh tum isliye hum se kabhi adi ke baare mein nai pucha? Infact jab bhi hum uske baare mein baat karte the, you use to avoid. Jealous?"

Haseena explains her,"It's not about jealousy. It's about insecurities. No matter what you think or open minded you are this will affect the present. Aur hum past ki wajah se present mein ladai nai chahte. Got it?"

Karishma held Haseena's hand and  tightened her grip on her hand, asserting, "Sorry Hasu... Humara matlab ye nai tha. Hum just itna bol rahe ki tum sach mein pareshaan jab ki hum the tumare saath toh kyu nai bataya. But I promise you... Ab hum tumhe kabhi akela nai chhodenge. Chahe jo ho hum hai tumare saath hai aur hume sab pata hona chahiye. You need to inform me everything!"

Haseena nodded and said,"I promise you I will inform you about little important and unnecessary details of my life. Let's go home... Hum thak chuke hai."

In a playful exclamation that made Haseena cover her ears, Karishma declared, "No!!! Nai jaa sakte!"

Annoyed, Haseena replied sharply, "Why are you shouting? I'm tired."

Karishma's energetic response echoed again, "Kaha na nai jaa sakte. Jis kaam ke liye aaye the wo toh dekhaya hi nai."

Curious, Haseena inquired, "Kya dekhana hai tumhe?"

Karishma grabbed Haseena's tie and led her towards her cabin, attracting the attention of employees as they moved around the office. Haseena, usually composed and strict boss, found herself turning red with embarrassment as her employees whispered and chuckled at the sight. No dared to treat their boss in this manner. It was the very first time, they were witnessing her in this way.

"Karishma, what are you doing? Leave me now!" Haseena asserted sternly in a slow voice.

Unfazed, Karishma, excitedly making her way to her cabin, replied, "Hume humara cabin dekhana hai..."

Haseena signaled the employees to return to their work with a strict gesture, and they promptly refocused on their tasks. Upon entering Karishma's cabin, she released Haseena's tie. Haseena, loosening the tie and unbuttoning the first two of her shirt and the remaining buttons of her vest, examined the design of Karishma's workspace.

"Good work, sweetheart..." Haseena appreciated, still keenly observing the design.

Karishma's cabin featured a tasteful blend of rich wood and soft pastel tones placed in the center of the space. Delicate lace curtains framed large windows, allowing natural light to illuminate the room. A low coffee table adorned with fresh flowers sat against one wall, complemented by a cozy reading nook with plush cushions and a cherry red couch. Subtle gold accents, such as desk accessories and light fixtures, added a touch of sophistication. Haseena's attention was captivated by a stylish photo frame showcasing a candid moment between her and Karishma, their laughter frozen in time.