CHAPTER 22

24 hours later,
After following their court wedding in a nearby Western country, Haseena and Karishma returned to Lucknow, India, aboard Haseena's private jet. Their families were completely unaware of their marriage, except for Shah who was there for security escort. Overflowing with joy, the couple realized their lifelong dream of being together after  overcoming pain, sufferings, distance, and time.

Behind the wheel, Haseena navigated the streets of Lucknow while Karishma sat beside her, beaming with adoration at her wife. Grateful beyond words, she knew she had found her soulmate, a gift born from their shared past struggles.

Breaking the silence, Haseena's curiosity prompts her to ask, "Kab tak hume aise gurune ka plan hai?"

Karishma's eyes light up with excitement as she hugs and squeezes Haseena's arm, declaring, "Puri zindagi...! I love you."

Haseena's heart swells with affection, reciprocating, "I love you too, my babygirl." Karishma's mood shifts abruptly, a cloud of disappointment settling over her features. Concerned, Haseena gently placed her palm on Karishma's cheek and inquires, "What happened? Achanak tum chup kyu hogayi."

Karishma's voice carries a hint of sadness as she expresses her discontent, "Tum ne acha nai kiya."

Confused, Haseena asks, "Ab hum ne kya kardiya?"

Karishma's frustration becomes evident as she shares her desire, "Hasu hume toh proper Indian wedding chahiye thi."

Haseena tried to reassure her partner and offers, "Not a big deal sweetheart. Hum wo bhi kar lenge. I will make all the arrangements for it. Okay?"

Karishma's irritation grows as she explains, "Humara bachpan ka sapna hai ki hum mandir mein shaadi kare. Old fashioned hai par hume wo 7 phere, sindoor aur rituals sab chahiye..."

Seeking understanding, Haseena asks, "Par mandir mein kyu? I mean ghar par bhi toh ho sakti with all the rituals you want."

Karishma's frustration spills over as she insists, "Tum nai samjhogi... Humara bachpan ka sapna hai aur uske peeche koi logic nai hota. Sapna bas sapna hota hai."

Haseena tries to lighten the mood with a playful suggestion, "TV show wali shaadi? Dramatic winds, ringing of bells, hum phere le rahe hai aur bijli chamak rahi ho... Pandit mantre padh rahe ho... Aur jaise hi sindoor lag gaye bijli gir jaye. Aisi shaadi?"

Karishma made a face and turns away, muttering, "Khadoos Mallik. Tum apna naam change karlo... You can't get it. Forget it."

Haseena nods in disbelief gives way to determination as she executes a swift u-turn, followed closely by the security cars. The vehicle comes to a halt in front of a well known temple. It was uncrowded because of the late hour of the night. With a sense of purpose, Haseena steps out of the car.

"Aaiye aap ki bhi demand puri karde," Haseena invites, opening the door for Karishma.

Karishma's excitement bubbles over as she confirms, "Sach mein?" before eagerly disembarking from the car.

Haseena reaffirms, "Haan sach mein. I married twice but this is your first time and I need to make sure my wife is happy."

Interrupting their exchange, Shah voices his concerns,"Haseena mandir kyu? You know how dangerous it can get. You both can get attacked in this open atmosphere."

Haseena reassures him, "As far as I know the background of D, he hasn't attacked in worship places yet. Mandir mein hum safe hai but be careful."

Shah nods, his worries evident, "Are you sure about Karishma? Shaadi toh ho chuki hai par ye mandir mein shaadi... Ye baat kaise aag ki tarah phalegi aap ko bhi pata hai. Karishma ko ab zyada khatra hoga."