CHAPTER 14

Under the setting sun, casting a warm golden glow, the factory echoed with the departing footsteps of weary morning shift workers. Haseena's car pulled up at the entrance, and as she and Karishma stepped out, workers extended their tired but heartfelt wishes. Ignoring the greetings from the workers, Haseena hastened into a room where Anubhav, resembling a disheveled and homeless soul with bruises, bleeding injuries, and torn clothes, endured the harsh aftermath of his actions. The blows from Haseena's men paused upon her entrance, casting a momentary silence. Witnessing her brother's battered state, Karishma's heart clenched at the horror sight of his own brother, it resonates a profound empathy, heavy with the weight of familial concern. Despite her heart aching, she knew he was paying for his deed.

"Karishma, go out!" Haseena commanded, approaching Anubhav and delivering a forceful punch to rouse him from his unconscious state.

Karishma stood firm, refusing Haseena's command to leave. "Hum nai jayenge!" she asserted with unwavering determination.

Haseena, concerned for Karishma's safety, turned towards her and pleaded, "I don't want you to suffer. This is nothing in front of what's going to happen next. So please go. I'm requesting."

Karishma, resolute, responded, "If I'm going to see worse than this, then this should be my practice. Hum kahi nai jayenge, Haseena."

Haseena, accepting Karishma's choice, replied sharply, "As you wish."

Returning her attention to Anubhav, Haseena delivered another punch to wake him from his unconscious state. A nearby man threw a glass of water on his face, jolting him awake. Anubhav, in pain, jerked in his iron chair, attempting to reach out to Karishma, but she moved away.

Straightforwardly, Haseena asked, "Tujhe D ne kaha tha Shivani ko maarne ke liye?"

Anubhav, in anguish, pleaded, "Hume maaf kardo... Chhodo hume... Hum aage se aisa kuch nai karenge."

Haseena, demanding answers, shouted, "Did Mr. D say you? Tu uske saath kaam karte hai?"

Suddenly Karishma was struck by realisation, delving into the significance of Haseena's earlier words. She vividly recalled Haseena's statements during their journey – "Dua karo tumare bhai ne hum se badla lene ke liye Shivani ko goli maari hai," and the decisive declaration, "Aaj se tum humare saath rahogi! I don't want any arguments over this." If Anubhav indeed acted on Mr. D's command, the looming danger extended beyond Shivani; their entire family, along with Haseena, stood on the cliff of endangerment.

Through Anubhav he wanted to give a crystal clear message– a chilling display that anyone crossing his path and opposing him, wasn't merely risking their own safety but also entangling their loved ones in an ominous web of risk. Judging by his dark history, the threat went beyond the individual, casting a foreboding shadow over the well-being of those closest to them.

"Koun D? Hum aise... Kisi insan ko nai jante...", Wincing in sharp pain from his wounds, Anubhav denied any knowledge of Mr. D.

Haseena, with a calculated demeanor, extracted her pistol and circled Anubhav's chair. In the tense atmosphere, Karishma silently observed the severity of the situation. Anubhav, catching sight of the gun, swallowed hard, fearing for his life.

Accusingly, Haseena questioned from behind him, "Framing innocents for a few thousand, selling Indian secrets, and still, you don't know Mr. D? Yehi toh uska kaam hai aur tujhe apne jaise hi log nai pata?"

Anubhav exclaimed, "Hum nai malum...! Hum chote mote frauds karte hai... Ye sab humare bas mein nai."

Aware of his reluctance to admit, Haseena shifted tactics, stepping in front of him and placing her pistol under his chin, expressing disappointment, "Yeah right...! Tu bas ek mamuli officer hai. Aur ek mamuli insan se big shot D contact bhi kyu karega. You are right ye sab tere bas mein nai."